Eastern Washington

I can't offer any info on North Richland exactly, but possums and raccoons are likely to be your worst predators. If you're out in the more rural area, coyotes are a possibility. Not sure about skunks.

Hello,

I will be moving to North Richland and want to have chickens there. Will I have any predator issues in that area?

Thanks
Serj
@Serj , If you're in a neighborhood you shouldn't have many problems. In general, the area has coyotes, racoons, skunks, and hawks. My neighbor lost a few birds to a hawk a couple of winters ago and we live in a residential area. We haven't had any other problems. I do know some other people who have lost a lot of birds to coyotes recently, but they live in rural areas. Good luck!

Any locals around Spokane that do their own slaughtering? My husband wants to be able to do it himself but we are hoping to find someone with experience/equipment to walk him through it. Thanks.

Any locals around Spokane that do their own slaughtering? My husband wants to be able to do it himself but we are hoping to find someone with experience/equipment to walk him through it. Thanks.

There are a ton of YouTube videos out there. We live in Nine Mile Falls, but we don't pluck and everything, we just hang, clean and skin. Nothing but a sharp knife, a bucket and place to hang them required. Once they are skinned they are really clean. I just wash them down inside and prepare to freeze. We don't do this in large number, just young roosters and a few culls once in a while.

By the way for Eastern WA. People, I have Legbar Chicks, Silver Spangled Hamburg Chicks and a couple EE and OE chicks available in Nine Mile Falls. I just have a small incubator and have small numbers of each left. PM me if you are interested. ;)

There is lots of butchers out in or near Spokane I think. One that I would take into consideration is the butcher in Rosalia ( near spokane). They will do everything and put it in a shrink bag for $4 a head. I forgot the name but is probably a great place.

Finally done getting my act together!! Job hunts and cleaning out a storage unit will do that to you
th.gif

But I am back and I have all my coop parts now! The boyfriend was lovely and even got me feeders/waterers......
ALL I NEED ARE SOME CHICKS
barnie.gif
luckily this lady is giving away sweet little serama/silkie mutts
SO CUTE! She thinks 1 roo and 3 hens. So guess who's driving to Post Falls this week....

Finally done getting my act together!! Job hunts and cleaning out a storage unit will do that to you :th But I am back and I have all my coop parts now! The boyfriend was lovely and even got me feeders/waterers...... ALL I NEED ARE SOME CHICKS :barnie luckily this lady is giving away sweet little serama/silkie mutts SO CUTE! She thinks 1 roo and 3 hens. So guess who's driving to Post Falls this week....
So cute! Congrats!

Hello, eastern Washington! I was just wondering who has geese around here? I've seen so very few who do besides me

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom