EcoGlow Chick Brooder

Just bought one for the chickiedees. I got the 50 since 26 will be arriving. I was going to wait till I saw if everyone will still love raising chickens after the first flock, since they are pricey. Well after our local news broadcasted about a fire I got on the net and ordered one. I was not paying much attention until they said "chicken coop" was only thing that survived, so I looked up. Then they said the family was going to raise chickens for eggs and that is how the fire started. It turned out the cat knocked the heat lamp off the brooder and that is how the fire started. Everything was destroyed except for the cat and the coop. After that I there was no way I was going to use a heat lamp. I dont care if I cant eat for a week I would rather invest in the ecoglow than lose my house. Kinda of strange that story came on. I think it was a sign from above.

My brand new babies LOVE it!!! Keeps it nice and quiet. LOL
jumpy.gif

I ordered mine from Frey Scientific on March 11 and was told they were on back order. They were suppose to get
their shipment in on March 13, it didn't arrive, and another was suppose to arrive on March 29th, have not heard from them about that shipment . My chicks will be there in a couple of weeks, I am getting concerned that I will not have it in time for them.

I have both ECOGLO 20 and 50. Why no one ever thought of this is beyond belief.Kind of like a WEED EATER. It works so well the baby birds take to it like a duck to water.Its ther little sancutary Just like MOMMA HEN they get scared they run under;They get cool they run under:They get warm they move out to edge;They know the sweet spot;Gets dark they run under what more could you ask.And best of all it uses very little ELECT.I have the 20 mounted in an Aquarium sitting on a work bench.Easy to see and clean.The 50 is on the floor of a Stock tank.Works great seeing is only problem .When I find a Big Aquarium at a garage sale it to will be on the work bench (with the 50 in it) so I can keep an eye on them.Note I have QUAIL so room has not been a problem.Between 2 and 4 weeks there out of there...cva34

I hope yours arrives in time!
Otherwise, you'll have to resort to a light bulb till the EcoGlow arrives.
I have the EcoGlow 20 and in the future plan to also get the 50 after I save up enough money.

smile.png

I ordered mine from Frey Scientific on March 11 and was told they were on back order. They were suppose to get
their shipment in on March 13, it didn't arrive, and another was suppose to arrive on March 29th, have not heard from them about that shipment . My chicks will be there in a couple of weeks, I am getting concerned that I will not have it in time for them.

I agree with you x2!!! I just have the EcoGlow 20, but it is wonderful like a "MOMMA HEN"! I have gotten a little handheld mirror to look under to check on them.
Just a side note... I grew up in Wharton!
smile.png

I have both ECOGLO 20 and 50. Why no one ever thought of this is beyond belief.Kind of like a WEED EATER. It works so well the baby birds take to it like a duck to water.Its ther little sancutary Just like MOMMA HEN they get scared they run under;They get cool they run under:They get warm they move out to edge;They know the sweet spot;Gets dark they run under what more could you ask.And best of all it uses very little ELECT.I have the 20 mounted in an Aquarium sitting on a work bench.Easy to see and clean.The 50 is on the floor of a Stock tank.Works great seeing is only problem .When I find a Big Aquarium at a garage sale it to will be on the work bench (with the 50 in it) so I can keep an eye on them.Note I have QUAIL so room has not been a problem.Between 2 and 4 weeks there out of there...cva34

Fuzzy, I ordered mine from Brinsea in early March. They were on back order with Brinsea until March 21st. So, maybe your supplier has finally gotten their back orders! I hope so!

I hatched my first chicks this year and also tried the EcoGlow for the first time. I think this picture says it all. The first chick to hatch dried off in the incubator, took a drink of water and then climbed underneath and fell asleep. I feel its safer and more natural than a heat lamp. Gives me peace of mind.

Back
Top Bottom