Economy stinks..how bout some free eggs? PA - WINNERS pg 14

I have always known that you were a fantastic person Jody, but WOW what a wonderful thing to do! I currently have Some FANTASTIC buff silkies from Joday (I believe the last of he stock). My Roo JC (but what else could I name him) is fabulous! Jody, I just wanted to say that you are a wonderful person with wonderful birds! I will be adding a picture of my boy for you and all to see! I would also like to Make an offer myself if you wouldnt mind be stealing a bit of your thunder.....I will send you an E mail about it privately.... Thanks again for be such an inspiration for all! We are truly blessed to have people like you here! JEN

hello we r in southeastern ohio i hv 5 children we love hatchig eggs we r empty in our inc right now and would love to try some turkey eggs we hv hatched ducks and chicks and would like to try somthing new lol thanks troy:D

This is an awesome thing to do. Thanks for doing this.
clap.gif

~Rebecca

I would be honored to try and hatch either your lavender Aracaunas or lavender Orpingtons. I haven't had a chance yet to work with the Orpingtons and lots of folk around where we live rave about those birds. I also love your/my Araucanas.
smile.png
I just think those tufts are the cutest things ever.
love.gif

And as to why... my incubators will all be empty by Monday (just waiting on the quail), and neither of my last two hatches went the way I'd hoped.
hit.gif
I also donated my time and photography this week to the Girl Scouts of Michigan Shore to Shore to photograph an annual event for them. They've never had an official photographer attend any of their events to photograph it for them. Plus I just spent the week cleaning my house, weeding the garden and installing hooks to hang some flower pots to prepare for a home visit from my youngest DD's teachers, which I had to cancel today after all of that. My older DD and I are both showing signs of some sort of illness, but not sure what it is yet.
sad.png
I'd try and make my post more eloquent, but my head is pounding.

Last edited:
I am newbie at all of this, I think this is really nice of you!

I would love the lavenders! I never seen any chicks around here like that!

For me this is my job, I stay at home with my 4 and 2 year old boys, and I take care of my disabled mom. So last year I started buying chicks, but I don't seem to have enough eggs for the people that want them. At the same time my children fell in love w/them as I did too. Even my mom loves them, she spoils them rotten too! Any way this year I just cannot buy chicks maybe I could manage a couple here and there, but 6 being the limit at $3 and change a pop I just can't do it. Hubby is looking for a second job right now just so things will get a little better, that is if I don't fall to far behind on bills in the mean time.

my aunt got me an incubator so I could hatch my own, but the only roo I have is a bantman, and the two are making tiny chicks, the one that is big is a roo (my luck!) I do have big girls out there too, but my roo must not be getting them too much because nothing. Or I am just not hitting there eggs at the right moment. Nobody wants the tiny eggs even if I do sell them cheap.

I want to thank you for your kindness, and if you do choose my family they will be well loved! My chicks are so spoiled one lives with us. she is an easter egg and I have no idea why but the others ripped her apart, so she moved in with us and she even plays with cars with the kids. (she pushes it with her beak to my boys and they push it back) and I can't keep her away from their room, lol!

Tracy

Wow, the response to this offer is overwhelming. There are so many deserving, wonderful people here that I am going to have a very hard time deciding. Thank you so much for all of your nice comments. And a huge thank you to others who are following and paying it forward by making similar offers. Jenlynn has added to my offer, so please take note of her wonderful contribution as well. Please keep posting if you haven't already. I'm very happy to be able to share something with others and to feed the goal of BYC - a chicken in every yard.

It is on post 81 at the top of this page, but I have also added it to the original post. They are buff silkie eggs.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom