Edit: 5 1/2 week old pics(pg4)Barred Rock "baby"

PULLET, is my guess.
There is a person on here hatching 30 barred rock and they think they can sex them and plan to band them accorrding to their guesses to see how the theories work out....based on leg color (females darker legs), feather coloring (lighter grey with more white are male/darker female), and something about a uniform spot on head would be female? (but for that one I think it's so hard to tell, maybe the spot thing is only based on new chicks spots?
Anyway,
Based on those assumptions, I think yours is a pullet.
I think mine is a roo (this is Rocky at 3 1/2 weeks)
AWWW too cute!!! Thanks for all your tips! It's so hard with nothing to compare.. especially for a first timer.. This really helps!

Here is the most recent of "Baby" Since today they were exactly 4 weeks.. I decided to take pics again. Her comb is turning a lil brighter
fl.gif
she is still a she! lol. Is she still looking BR?

I have heard that darker feathers mean boy but u cant tell until there older by just looking at them, post a pic of its wing spread and then you can tell
I heard the opposite....darker means pullet? Unless...if yours is a black sex-link (hybrid/mix)....then it could be a cockerel (boy).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom