Edmond Oklahoma

clandestinechix

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 3, 2013
With the recent change in law in Norman Oklahoma to allow Urban Chickens I am looking for like minded people to help change the laws in Edmond. I am building a cladestine chicken coop on my ACERAGE which is illegal in the city limits of Edmond Oklahoma. Even though I can have horses ....I CANNOT raise even a small amount of chickens.

If anyone else out there in my neck of the woods is interested in working together to get the goverment out of our business, please let me know! Powers in numbers, peeps!

I agree we should voice our concerns to get rid of this law. My children were shown at their school the entire life cycle of eggs, from hatching into small chicks to when they grow up to be few weeks old, to when they were given away to a farm. After having gone through this experience, we now want our own and were trying to find a place where we can buy them and I stumbled upon this page. This is a ridiculous law. We can have horses in our acreage but not chicken. What is our next step? I can't wait to get the chicks.

I would like to help change the law in Edmond, getting chickens this weekend, and looking for a little piece of someones farm where I can raise them and grow a garden.

I have kept 4 hens from the chicks we got in the spring, they have just started laying eggs, they are small chickens, but are rather loud when they lay an egg, so far the neighbors have not said anything, most all of the closest neighbors are aware but do not mind at all. I guess we will see if the code enforcer shows up, there is really no way to keep them from doing their egg song that i know of, considering lining the coop with egg cartons to sound proof a little!

Just read your post about raising chickens in Edmond. I would like to know what I can do to help the cause of getting them allowed in city limits. We live on 2.5 acres and horses are allowed. I can't see why chickens shouldn't be allowed as well.

Did you make it the city council meeting? Me and my neighbors would like to see this ordinance changed. What can I do to help???

I was told that they were not currenty looking at an ordinance since they claim there is no interest in people keeping backyard chickens. Keep calling.

Back
Top Bottom