EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

hmm.png
My Kali is beautiful! I don't know why you can't see her beauty.
uglycat4.jpg%7Ec200
O My #catbackfromthedead9livesdepleted

no and today was lockdown buy no movement when there was movement day 14.and it's not taking up any of the egg there some black spots like bacteria but I still see tiny blood veins.no blood ring
:fl.
@campingshaws I do remember that chick, and I am glad to see it doing better. I don't remember seeing how the rest of your hatch went. I just remember encouraging you on day 21.
@Sally Sunshine I hope you enjoyed your sunny day. How are you and HA?
@BantyChooks:clap Good for Chrissy.
@Fire Ant Farm I feel your pain on the chores. I hope reality is good for you today :hugs

They did well last year but I think we only made it to 108. They take awhile for eggs to get up to size. Average is 55 grams but the second year hens are laying 63 grams. Until this hatch they had a decent % rate. This time I think I'm at 50% with them. Hope one of my rooster isn't out of sync.
Did you get anymore to hatch?

Sunset here tonight
Hey the sun ;)

Quote: I am doing better thank you, kiddo is improved but not near 100%

Guess what I got! Brinsea 56 advanced WHOOT WHOOT!!!! THANK YOU EVERYONE, I had to put in a pretty penny to get this sucker, My Dad helped with early 50th Bday CASH..... I tossed it around for some time, I really didnt want any of their chickens
hide.gif
and I really wanted to try a auto turner.

AND I HAVE NO EGGS TO SET!!!
SEND ME EGGS
lau.gif
!!!!
SO I CAN SET all EGGS!!!
its Killing me sitting here looking at it do nothin!!!

2364435630886183850%253Faccount_id%253D2
THAnk you all!!! AND @MyPetChicken too tHANKS alex!!

Last edited:

Actually, once it gets above about 100F, you have to start going the other direction again - you cover up to keep the "cool" body temperature in (as well as warding off sun exposure) - light weight, but long pants, long sleeved shirts, hat, and sometimes gloves to protect the hands from sun. There's a reason folks who live in the deserts like the sahara dress that way. I used to live in Atlanta, and THOUGHT I knew what hot was. :lau

No clue. :confused:

I run misters, which the birds appreciate (though they're ok without them). I don't raise birds who can't handle the heat, and if they demonstrate that they can't, they go to freezer camp. But yeah, there's a reason for siesta. Up as early as possible, because it may be over 95F at midnight still, so morning is the only time you can get stuff done...

- Ant Farm 

Incredible!

So, I guess this summer I had better not complain about my hot weather in August, or I'm gonna get a watermelon to the face, eh?

Oh, complain all you want. You'd be melting, I'm sure. :lau

Um... long periods where it won't go under around 85, sometimes doesn't go below 90. Sleeping can be uncomfortable.

Very few if any nights that warm here. There are nights you don't open up the house that's for sure.

I think you have lower lows in the summer.

Some people be crazy and live in terrible places.

Yeah, like Minnesota - or even Canada!!!! :eek:

Um... long periods where it won't go under around 85, sometimes doesn't go below 90. Sleeping can be uncomfortable.

90? At NIGHT?

I don't believe you.
We don't get no breezes... :th

Yes, it happens - fortunately not all that frequently. 

It's not nearly so got where I live! We usually have breezes, too. Just grow your gills in advance to learn how to breathe our humidity. :D

no and today was lockdown buy no movement when there was movement day 14.and it's not taking up any of the egg there some black spots like bacteria but I still see tiny blood veins.no blood ring
:fl.
@campingshaws I do remember that chick, and I am glad to see it doing better. I don't remember seeing how the rest of your hatch went. I just remember encouraging you on day 21.
@Sally Sunshine I hope you enjoyed your sunny day. How are you and HA?
@BantyChooks:clap Good for Chrissy.
@Fire Ant Farm I feel your pain on the chores. I hope reality is good for you today :hugs

It was great! 15 chicks, 7 dead eggs. Chickat's project dozen hatched 9/12, 7 of those being isabel. All of my of cochin eggs hatched, no clue what color they'll be. And the CCLxEE eggs hatched black, which we traced back to the great grandma on the EE side (black amerecauna).

Isabel colored chicks from the project eggs

Split to isabel chicks from project eggs

OE cochins (yellow) and CCLxEE

Most of the quitters were blue eggs that didn't lose enough weight.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom