Edward the Great

couponkenz

Hatching
6 Years
Aug 2, 2013
Fort Collins, Colorado
My ten year old would like to know the breed of Edward, if possible. He was brought home from a 3rd grade school project (my son wanted to give them a good home and we were looking into organic eggs anyway) with a hatchmate pullet, and very soon he will go home to a country farm with 40 hens for his picking. We would love to know what he is, though. He is wonderful with kids, which may be his greatest attribute if we can't figure him out. LOL. I am thinking black orphington, from reading and looking at photos, but we are SO new to this whole BYchickening thing. hahaha! Thanks for your help. The gal behind him is his hatchmate, and the white gal behind HER is a SLW, or so the store said so, and she hatched a few days after these two. I allowed my 5 sons to have THREE hens, we prayed that all would be girlies, but Edward had other ideas. I happen to think they are beautiful, iridescent feathers, smooth yellow legs, and the female has no other coloration coming in.

Does Edward have a comb like a Buttercup? It looks like one from those pictures. I don't think any other breeds have that, so maybe he is that crossed with a black breed? You might get some individual pictures for better guesses. The pullet almost looks like she has a pea comb? Could be black EE/Ameraucana X maybe.

yeah not a pure bred. Not an orp or orp cross due to him having yellow skin- white skin is dominant over yellow.

Kind of tempted to guess black sex link crossed with ??? but at the end nobody will know for sure.

his color is typical of a black chicken crossed with a colored chicken- starting out black with the boys getting color on their wings and back as they mature.

Back
Top Bottom