EE/Aracauna/Ameraucana Question...

SterlingAcres

Songster
11 Years
Apr 17, 2008
Poconos, PA
Let's hope I spelled the latter correctly.

I've got a rooster that I'd like to use for a breeder. He's half Aracauna and half EE. His father is rumpless, mother is not. Now, I have 3 beautiful EEs here for him, lady wise. I'd like to throw some pure Ameraucanas in there as well, for the egg color.

A) Is there any chance at all that it would throw a rumpless chick? I'm thinking it's slim to none, but I wanted to double check.

B) Technically, once the Ams were bred back to the Ara/EE mix, then offspring are all considered EE. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks in advance
smile.png
I appreciate it.

Last edited:
Quote:
I knew I put the dang U in the wrong place. LOL
Awesome. Would they carry mom's blue egg gene as well?
Not really. I like tails. LOL

Yes, with one rumpless parent you can get rumpless offspring; it's a dominant trait. However rumplessness is associated with infertility problems, so araucana breeders sometimes use tailed birds.

Shellie, it sounds like your rooster is tailed and if put over tailed hens, the odds of getting rumpless are pretty slim, if any at all. I'd feel confident saying you'll get all tailed chicks. Have fun with it. I used Ameraucana in my EE pen and it worked great for egg color and beautiful birds.

Back
Top Bottom