EE colouring / plumage - chicks vs/ adults --- Post your PICS!

Pics
Do all EEs have the muffs/beards? I bought some new chicks a few days ago, 10 of them, and one is a little different than the others. She's a little smaller and sleeker, not quite as fluffy, and has no fluffy cheeks. I think she might be a runt. All my other EEs have the cheeks, except this one. She was so small and cute, I had to buy her! She has the same leg color as the others, and I'm pretty sure she is an EE, but the clean cheeks have me curious... Has anybody else had one that didn't have the fluffy cheeks?

Here's my little blue and gold girl.
Baby (Sorry for the crap pic, color is a mousy grey with random black spots along her back):

And now:

Last edited:
Oooo just found this thread, this is fun. I've been taking weekly pics, but to prevent overload will just show you the 1 week (first day home) and 6 week (current) pics.

I have 4 EEs, all factory-sexed supposed pullets (jury is still out on Ginger, feel free to weigh in with your guess).

Ginger

Paprika

Curry (looks very similar to Paprika, though IRL Curry has a redder head while Paprika's is darker)

Basil

Oooo just found this thread, this is fun. I've been taking weekly pics, but to prevent overload will just show you the 1 week (first day home) and 6 week (current) pics. I have 4 EEs, all factory-sexed supposed pullets (jury is still out on Ginger, feel free to weigh in with your guess). Ginger Paprika Curry (looks very similar to Paprika, though IRL Curry has a redder head while Paprika's is darker) Basil
it's amazing how 4 chicks that look almost.identical turn out to be so different gotta love ee's!

Do all EEs have the muffs/beards? I bought some new chicks a few days ago, 10 of them, and one is a little different than the others. She's a little smaller and sleeker, not quite as fluffy, and has no fluffy cheeks. I think she might be a runt. All my other EEs have the cheeks, except this one. She was so small and cute, I had to buy her! She has the same leg color as the others, and I'm pretty sure she is an EE, but the clean cheeks have me curious... Has anybody else had one that didn't have the fluffy cheeks?

All of mine are fluffy-faced but I've seen pictures of clean faced EEs on BYC. But, if it's also small (bantam?) it could be something else entirely... Like a game chick. They have the dark legs also and can be chipmunk-striped.

I have one clean faced EE she has slate legs and lays green egg, but she is my only one, the rest are all bearded and muffed.

Oooo just found this thread, this is fun. I've been taking weekly pics, but to prevent overload will just show you the 1 week (first day home) and 6 week (current) pics.

I have 4 EEs, all factory-sexed supposed pullets (jury is still out on Ginger, feel free to weigh in with your guess).

Ginger

Paprika

Curry (looks very similar to Paprika, though IRL Curry has a redder head while Paprika's is darker)

Basil

I think ginger will be a rooster.Might need a new name.

All of mine are fluffy-faced but I've seen pictures of clean faced EEs on BYC. But, if it's also small (bantam?) it could be something else entirely... Like a game chick. They have the dark legs also and can be chipmunk-striped.
I originally thought maybe bantam, but I don't think she's quite that small. I bought her at a feed/farm store, and I know those stores get a bad reputation, but so far I have never got the wrong chicks in there. This one isn't chipmunk striped like some of them are. She's brown, black, and tanish, but doesn't really have a pattern. Sorry, I can't get any pictures to post to this site for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom