Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Rooster

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think its a hen though.
smile.png

Actually, a VERY easy way to show people sexing EE's by demonstrating with your pictured birds there is by color. EE's are very easily sexed by color, as most are actually sex-linked too. Females in most cases come out a partridge looking brown and black, often known as wild-type duckwing. Some though are silver too, which is strictly black and white, sometimes with a salmon breast. Males on the other hand are quite often black and white, but have colored red, orange, or yellow feathers that emerge on sometimes the neck, back, and most importantly and almost always the shoulders. These are tell-tail signs of a male, as females cannot have that color in those regions. Other male colors that are red flags are one coming out with a black breast and red markings on the shoulders, neck, and back. /img/smilies/smile.png True saddle and hackle feathers actually come in much later, so judging by them is a hard thing to do, especially when someone is new with chickens.
Check out this thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/463817/easter-egger-sexing-tips-and-tricks-pictures-included Here is my boy Stanley at the same age:
_MG_0303.jpg

Last edited:
I see 4 roos in the second pic inc the one you questioned, the one on the far left in this pic plus the one on the far right are the only hens I can see.

I'm not sure about the gender but I thought EE's were supposed to have greenish legs, and your chicken's legs look yellow in the pictures.

I'm not sure about the gender but I thought EE's were supposed to have greenish legs, and your chicken's legs look yellow in the pictures.
Since EEs are just a mutt, they come in any colour and have legs any colour. Most of the time they are green or slate, but can be yellow as well. Since there is a beard, it has a pea comb, and the colour is very common for EEs, it is an Easter Egger.

Back
Top Bottom