EE'S or Black Austuralorps?

I you want chickens that are all different and you can tell them apart easily, (for naming), order EEs If you just want good layers the BA would also be good, but I could never tell mine apart to name. However, I have not named any of my birds, but i can tell them apart, well except for the four golden comets, can't tell one from the other. You'll love either of the two so, why not mix them, get some of each.
love.gif

I would get a few of each as well. If you want a colorful unique flock go with EE's like the above poster said. Black Australorps I hear are amazing layers, and I want to get one of those! I have one EE pullet who is wonderful. She has flighty tendencies, But she tends to get really scared really easily, and boy can she fly lol! She is still a sweetheart, is pretty quiet and is a good girl and pet. However she is 10 months old and has not laid yet
wink.png
which is fairly common with EE's. Black Australorps I also hear are VERY friendly, sweet and quiet. I do not own one though, but I really want one come spring!

Last edited:
Definitely Easter Eggers.

Almost everyone has or had an Australorp or five at some point, but Easter Eggers at least lay a variety of egg colors, they come in a variety of colors, and their beards and pea combs make them all the more unique from your run of the mill Australorp.
smile.png

It depends on what you value most if you must decide on only one breed. You cannot go wrong with Black Australorps if you want a consistent layer of large brown eggs, non-broody tendencies, and sweet, quiet, friendly beautiful black-with-green-sheen birds. EEs are a mixed bag personality and color-wise, but if you get blue or green egg layers, that is always a plus in my book. Good luck with whatever you decide!

i have 6 ee that are 5 months they are fun to watch and when i open the top to the run they always want to come say hello they make me laugh, but they do not want to be touched... i also have 10 australorps that are 2 months old and they are so friendly they come over and climb on to my hand, scratch at my arm palm looking for feed they are very sweet..i like them both.. so i would go 60% lorps and 40% EE...

Last edited:
My first breed that I ordered was the Black Australorp, mainly for its awesome laying ability but also its gorgeous plumage! Then I got EE's for the color of their eggs. I now can say unequivocally - get BOTH!!
gig.gif

You will not go wrong with either breed IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom