egg difference

afchicken

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 7, 2011
ohio
i have muscovys and only want to breed muscovys but may want to get a few kahki females for eggs is there anyway to tell which eggs are which like color or something or is there another good production duck that lays different colored eggs?

i free range(no fences at all) figured it would be like chickens some lay white others lay brown eggs or speckled bigger smaller

I just googled "khaki Campbell egg color" and " Muscovy egg color" and they look the same. Both white duck eggs.

There is a difference if you know what to look for!
The khaki eggs will be smaller.
Also, the muscovy eggs tend to be shiny. I know it sounds weird, but all of the muscovy eggs I've collected over the years have been shiny and very very smooth. I have many other breeds and no other duck has eggs like that.

I just googled "khaki Campbell egg color" and " Muscovy egg color" and they look the same. Both white duck eggs.
idk why i didnt think of using yahoo

There is a difference if you know what to look for!
The khaki eggs will be smaller.
Also, the muscovy eggs tend to be shiny. I know it sounds weird, but all of the muscovy eggs I've collected over the years have been shiny and very very smooth. I have many other breeds and no other duck has eggs like that.
cool thanks

Back
Top Bottom