Egg Skelter

I found this place here. They are only $24, compared to Amazon that wants $40 for theirs.

http://www.premier1supplies.com/det...ource=gmerch&gclid=CPWV0M_7wbwCFWIV7Aod43QA3Q

Very cool! Thanks for sharing the link.
yesss.gif

I was so excited to get an egg skelter (from Manna-pro), but now that I have it it's driving me nuts that my eggs don't roll down properly. I'm putting them in with the pointy end in and they're Wyandotte eggs, so not huge but a good sized med almost large egg. Do other people have the same problem? Any advice on how to get them to roll better? Or perhaps my eggs are too small??
Thanks for the help :)

Do you think it is a bad idea to keep extra eggs in the refrigerator and then when they become the oldest, those get moved to the skelter? Saw the following when searching the subject:
Quote: FDA

I don't think it will hurt as long as they are used relatively quickly. I use my skelter the opposite way. Freshest eggs go on to the skelter, when full then into the fridge. If there are any in the fridge I know they are the oldest and use them first. Make for a great first in first out system without having to write down any dates.

Since I only get 3 to 5 eggs a day and I share a lot with my neighbor I really didn't need a big egg skelter. I had this feeder laying around so I cleaned it up and use it for my eggs.I had to squeeze it together to make it the right size. I have it right now propped up on my dish drainer. I can see these being painted and decorated and even personalized.

Back
Top Bottom