Egg Skelter

So true about the fridge. I spoke with the maker about that exact question, and they reminded me that in the UK, they don't store eggs in their fridges, but rather on the counter. ;O)
Whether a person keeps their eggs in the fridge or on the counter really doesn't matter as far as the use of the egg skelter, is concerned.Our family bought two different sizes in the hopes that one of them would work as described. We don't refrigerate our eggs. The skelter is terrible. As others have stated, the eggs have to be in a certain position (small end toward the middle of the skelter), but the eggs more often than not do not cooperate, in that respect. They turn any which direction when traveling down the skelter and block progress. I got rid of both of them and bought a wire shelf that you would use for extra storage in a cupboard and we store our eggs on that. The eggs sit between the wires, oldest eggs in front and the newest, put progressively behind the older ones. Works great.

I had one, hated it! It took up too much room in the fridge & the eggs didn't roll down properly. They would turn the long way & then stop, holding up the other eggs behind it. I had my DH sell it on Ebay. If you're looking for an ornamental way to store eggs, this would work great. I just didn't like it for everyday use. I also had too many eggs for it to hold. Just my honest opinion.
I agree. Whether a person keeps their eggs in the fridge or on the counter really doesn't matter as far as the use of the egg skelter, is concerned.Our family bought two different sizes in the hopes that one of them would work as described. We don't refrigerate our eggs. The skelter is terrible. As others have stated, the eggs have to be in a certain position (small end toward the middle of the skelter), but the eggs more often than not do not cooperate, in that respect. They turn any which direction when traveling down the skelter and block progress. I got rid of both of them and bought a wire shelf that you would use for extra storage in a cupboard and we store our eggs on that. The eggs sit between the wires, oldest eggs in front and the newest, put progressively behind the older ones. Works great.

We love our Egg Skelter! Sure once awhile I have to manually move the eggs down as I take an egg, no big deal. I can carry the skelter across the kitchen to the stove easily,love it. Bought mine from Manna Pro, but thrilled to see D & B carries them. We drive to Twin Falls, Idaho often to shop, so I will stop there and look for more.

Anyone know if you can order these in Canada yet?

I would also like to know if they are available in Canada yet! I'm sure we can order through Amazon, but some of the prices there are INSANE! $99!!!!

If I figure out a place to get them from I'll report back ;) Please let me know if you find some too!

Anyone know if you can order these in Canada yet?

I would also like to know if they are available in Canada yet! I'm sure we can order through Amazon, but some of the prices there are INSANE! $99!!!!

If I figure out a place to get them from I'll report back ;) Please let me know if you find some too!

Apparently Premier 1 in the USA sells to Canada!! I put one in the cart, and went through all the steps of entering my address, and apparently shipping is free and there is no taxes! $26.00 is much more reasonable than amazon prices! :) I'm going to shop around and see if there are others too.

Try Amazon.com; they are fairly reasonable. We had two, but found they were not all they were cracked up to be.

Did you have to pay the high postage? I found a nice one for $12, but they wanted $16.95 for postage and handling.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom