Egypt Feyoumi- Anybody with this breed?

hollytruitt

Chirping
Apr 16, 2023
This was a surprise free chick from Murray McMurrary Hatchery. So far we think its she. (freebies are unsexed).
I read that they are not tame but can they be tamed? How do you encourage good behaviors? She is sweet but really pecks hard when being hand fed. She would go for it really quick. Anything else I need to know? I know they love free ranging (we can't do that due to high amounts of predators even during the day but more at nights(our cats are inside due to this). Thanks

This was a surprise free chick from Murray McMurrary Hatchery. So far we think its she. (freebies are unsexed).
McMurray's freebies are usually sexed males.

On the checkout page, where you have the option to add the free surprise chick, McMurray warns "Please note that our Free Mystery Chicks are likely to be males."

So if you are not able to have a rooster, I suggest you start making plans now (but wait until the gender is actually obvious before rehoming, just in case yours is not a male.)

I read that they are not tame but can they be tamed? How do you encourage good behaviors? She is sweet but really pecks hard when being hand fed. She would go for it really quick. Anything else I need to know? I know they love free ranging (we can't do that due to high amounts of predators even during the day but more at nights(our cats are inside due to this). Thanks
Unfortunately, I have no experience with this breed, but what you have read is a match for what I have read.

We ended up giving him to our friend who farms and free ranges the chickens. He/she is very agreesive to we think its a roo. We can have roosters since we live out in the country. We witness his behavior as very rough with the rest of the flock. Really sweet to us much to our surprise.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom