Elector PSP premise spray--not for lice?

For tho
If it's labeled for spraying on the birds, it will kill lice as well as mites. In order to get lice on the product label, the company has to document testing, which is $$$. If you can't spray the birds, with it, the lice will still be there. Don't use carbaryl, as it's no longer approved for chickens. Permethrin spray works and is approved for use in poultry, and is less expensive than the Elector. Mary

Mary (or anyone else who knows)

What strength (%) of permethrin spray is appropriate for use on live chickens?

Thanks,
Karen

For tho

Mary (or anyone else who knows)

What strength (%) of permethrin spray is appropriate for use on live chickens?

Thanks,
Karen
Welcome to BYC! Which one are you thinking about using? Final dilution should be about 0.1%, so if you're thinking about making your own with one of the 0.5% solutions, like Captain Jack's, the ratio is 757 ml of the 0.5% to 3028 ml water.

Elector is the only spinosad product labeled for use in poultry, and if you do the math, it's also the cheapest per gallon.

Don't try to cut corners. If you want to use spinosad, invest in the proper product.

If it's labeled for spraying on the birds, it will kill lice as well as mites. In order to get lice on the product label, the company has to document testing, which is $$$. If you can't spray the birds, with it, the lice will still be there. Don't use carbaryl, as it's no longer approved for chickens. Permethrin spray works and is approved for use in poultry, and is less expensive than the Elector. Mary
I have been using the Permerthrin spray for mites as directed spraying every other day and I can say it doesn't work on these guys. I am still finding them after spraying the coop, ground and chickens.

You can use as strong as 47.5 ml per quart, that's what I do when spraying the coop and dirt.
gordons_7.png

Back
Top Bottom