Emergency, Egg Shell Stuck in Vent (Graphic Pictures)

Pics
Either oil is good. tsp is fine. 5 days is what is needed.
Thank you, to be honest I watch videos online people making the hen vomit and that's how she was relieved. Should I try the same? Her crop before sleep was full and squishy. I syringe some water to her, haven't seen her drink any.

Last edited:
Thank you, to be honest I watch videos online people making the hen vomit and that's how she was relieved. Should I try the same? Her crop before sleep was full and squishy. I syringe some water to her, haven't seen her drink any.

How much should I give? Like a tsp twice? For her diet, she don't touch the boil egg. My chickens eat only non cooked eggs, the boiled not really. So you recommend coconut against olive oil?
Yes, 2 tsp twice a day just like in the article.
I would not vomit her.
Make her normal feed and plenty of fresh water available free choice during waking hours.
Coconut oil is what I prefer, it can be hardened in the fridge and most hens will eat tiny chunks on their own. Olive oil if syringed and aspirated can cause lipoid pneumonia.

A crop will feel full(ish) with water/food, etc. during the day when the hen has been eating/drinking, this is why it's best to check crop function first thing in the morning before they eat/drink. https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

Fenbendazole (Safeguard) is dosed by weight, not pea size. Dose her at a rate of 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once a day for 5 days in a row if you are wanting to deworm her.

I highly recommend that you read the article I linked all the way through, including the comments section. There's a lot of very good information found there.

I hope your hen feels better soon.

Otherwise, I'd keep with the Calcium for a full 5 days.

Finish the Tylan that you started. I don't see anything alarming about her eyes.

See that she's eating her normal feed and drinking well.

And make sure her crop is emptying overnight. Feel the crop when she goes to roost (it should have food in it), then first thing in the morning before she's had anything to eat/drink (it should be empty/flat).

Yes, 2 tsp twice a day just like in the article.
I would not vomit her.
Make her normal feed and plenty of fresh water available free choice during waking hours.
Coconut oil is what I prefer, it can be hardened in the fridge and most hens will eat tiny chunks on their own. Olive oil if syringed and aspirated can cause lipoid pneumonia.

A crop will feel full(ish) with water/food, etc. during the day when the hen has been eating/drinking, this is why it's best to check crop function first thing in the morning before they eat/drink. https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

Fenbendazole (Safeguard) is dosed by weight, not pea size. Dose her at a rate of 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once a day for 5 days in a row if you are wanting to deworm her.

I highly recommend that you read the article I linked all the way through, including the comments section. There's a lot of very good information found there.

I hope your hen feels better soon.
Thank you for all the help and info, today again first thing in the morning without food or drink she had what looks like a small little hard piece like a lump on her crop, smaller than the golf ball size she had yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom