Emu Breeders in Ga?

Atlchick

Songster
10 Years
Jun 5, 2009
Grayson, GA
Anybody know of emu breeders in Georgia? We live NE of Atlanta, and are looking for breeders within 2-3 hours.
Also interested in the cost of eggs across the country. And how difficult are they to hatch in a 'bator?

Last edited:
If you find one close to you please let me know if you dont mind. I am in NE Alabama and am wanting them so bad. But have only found them out west or lower Florida.
Thanks
Rita

there are a few exotic auctions neer you guys they sell them. i can get the names of them if you want. one is in miss. , and one in alabama. i used to be a chicken trader down there. the one in miss. is three angles i cant remember the one in alabama but if you lookup three angles they will tell you the others name.

I know of a little place south of Atlanta called Baker's Emu Nest. Real nice folks, they sell mostly chicks, not sure if they have any for sale right now.

I've got three Emu's in Conyers, GA just hitting maturity. We're eagerly looking forward to breeding season this spring and will have a few for sale then. I can post a note to this group when they come along.

There is a breeder in Alabama, out by Talladega, who I have purchased from in the past. He's got great, healthy birds. However, you're not likely to find chicks or eggs in the fall. They breed when it gets warm and light again.

Thank you. So I need to wait until spring, I was looking to get one about 6mos old. I have peacocks that I have been raising and they are very fragile until 6 mos. so was hoping to avoid the fragile part with any other bird. But I will gladly buy a baby if that is what I can get. I just love birds. Please playback in spring and let me k is if you have any for sale.

Thank you. So I need to wait until spring, I was looking to get one about 6mos old. I have peacocks that I have been raising and they are very fragile until 6 mos. so was hoping to avoid the fragile part with any other bird. But I will gladly buy a baby if that is what I can get. I just love birds. Please playback in spring and let me k is if you have any for sale.

So apparently I'm wrong. The EMU start breeding now, as I learned when my boy tried to hump me while I was working on a project in the field this weekend. The are laying now through the rest of winter, so you'll start to see hatched chicks in the spring.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom