EMU HATCH ALONG! :D

Expecting the hatch any day now! I have been tap testing but I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to hear…. Hopefully it'll be really noticeable and I would completely miss it and have an egg hatch before being moved to the hatcher…..

No
barnie.gif
but they are all wiggling….. I thought i heard a little chirp but It was probably wishful thinking

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! WE HAVE INTERNAL PIP! So the tap method had eluded me. They are chirping so i KNOW they have internally pipped, but when i tap them they sound the same to me. Eggs C and F sounded between 5 and 11 pm today, so they have until monday night to externally pip before they run out of air. I personally am hoping to see a big crack in the eggs by the morning but theres me being impatient again.

Day 32!
[Oh, look. S.E. is here: beautiful cool evening.]
I have wondered about the eggs talking to the male, specifically about the 'infertiles':
Guys, when I observed Boy Emu's hatch, there was, on the last day, a period in which Something Was Definitely Going on. At that point, B.E. had five chicks, several of which had not had water for five days -- because they hatched first.
B.E. was clearly -- clearly -- trying to figure out if it was time to up stakes and depart. Now I understand that the male is getting many many more signals from under him.
So, when the only eggs under him are not signalling, and he has thirsty anxious chicks about him, it's time to start The Big Journey.
Here is B.E. If you take a close look, you can see Ring-In the chick's head sticking out. This is my favourite photo of all. Second-last page of Mating-Season in Australia.
[Hello, dear Old-Timers!!]
se

[Felicity away. Sassybird here and sassy. Wild pair, probably Spot and Spottina, got moved along by Sassy -- laundry-window observations!!]

Last edited:
Egg B has internally pipped and they are all whistling! NO EXTERNAL PIP!!!!
hit.gif
its been 36 hours for eggs C and F…..
Ill try and get a whistling video!

Back
Top Bottom