Essential oils and chickens

You're so welcome
1f60a.png

I'm currently dealing with smoke inhalation with my chickens. I have them in the bathroom and I am diffusing White Fir, Idaho Blue Spruce, Rosemary, and Oregano. I have bathed them and they are still eating and drinking, so for now I am just doing respiratory therapy with the diffuser. My oils have done powerful things for me, I'm hoping they will save my birds! If only there was a way to diffuse in their coop. I don't know how long I can get away with keeping 11 birds in my bathroom :-/

If you can add a carrier to dilute the oil, you can give it to your girls.
I'd be more concerned about the oil eating through the synthetics of the waterer though.

I need suggestions for essential oils for a hen with a large swollen red squishy warm abdomen - currently she's on antibiotics from the vet... doesn't seem to be doing much yet.

I use doterra's hope blend (bergamot-very diluted! Ylang ylang and frankincense) then add Helichrysum and dilute that with almond oil. It doesn't seem to bother my duckling and helps with wound cleaning. The helichrysum helps with healing. I was using iodine to clean her wounds but the oils help on a broad spectrum.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom