Ethical dellima and we are perplexed about killing raccoons

Not that I am a Buddist ( His real name is Shirdhtha) but let me remind you something. Buddha mediated for Nirvana in the forest for 9 years and there are stories that he was surrounded by vicious animals.

None ever bit him or tried harming him but rather protected him from natural empathy and disaster. . One night it rained heavily when he attended "Nirvana" and a cobra really help its fawn that worked as an umbrella. Also, Buddh'a nephew once arrowed a duck and Buddha then tired to make this step brother consequences of killing and this step brother did not understand what Buddha ( back then in his childhood Shirdhartha ) did not fathom what Buddha said. This step brother was jealous in every aspect of Buddha's life and accomplish nothing big as he did.

The point is. I caught about 6 and I send a word lol out to these raccoon that I am giving them fair warning to come to this yard further. If they do, they will lol suffer loss of their lives.
Moreover, I like members that are soft versed but get their point across without being " harsh" and " taught". Well written and spoken messages are nice to read and easy to digest.

yes it is covered tightly with hardware cloth. I do not think I am that impractical to leave a wide area like that open. I think you are referring to soffit area under the over hard. Either way every part of this coop is tight. The only question I asked was do I have to put hardware cloth under Neath of the plywood but I have not gotten a clean reply. As you know hardware cloths are very expensive and people get by using chicken wire./ other net combo but I used hardware cloth. Also one side of the coop has hardware cloth under the flooring but one side does not since I dug 8" deep and stepped hard ware cloth all around. I also forget to bend the cloth at 8” depth under ground all around.

Sorry, there were tons of typos in that post.
Not that I am a Buddhist ( His real name is Shirdhtha) but let me remind you something. Buddha meditated for Nirvana in the forest for 9 years, and there are stories that he was surrounded by vicious animals.
None ever bit him or tried harming him but rather protected him from natural empathy and disaster. . One night it rained heavily when he attended "Nirvana" and a cobra really held its fawn that worked as an umbrella. Also, Buddha nephew once arrowed a duck and Buddha then tried to make a phnilosophical explanation to this this step brother consequences of killing , and this step brother did not fathom what Buddha (back then in his childhood Shirdhartha ) what Buddha said. This step brother was jealous in every aspect of Buddha's life and accomplish nothing big as he did.
The point is. I caught about 6 and I send a word lol out to these raccoon that I am giving them fair warning to come to this yard further. If they do, they will lol suffer loss of their lives.
Moreover, I like members that are soft versed but get their point across without being " harsh" and " taught". Well written and spoken messages are nice to read and easy to digest.

I caught about 6 and I send a word lol out to these raccoon that I am giving them fair warning to come to this yard further. If they do, they will lol
suffer loss of their lives.

raccoons as well as 99.999% of animals do not understand human. saying I'm going to skin you alive and boil you in oil and make you into a coat makes as much sense to an animal as telling it I'm going to cuddle you, and love you, and name you snuggles when you just talk to any animal. its scaring the living dickens out of something will get the point across better. animals don't speak and few think human so you need to think like them

Last edited:
Seems to me that you will be chasing your tail if you trap raccoons while your neighbor continues to feed them. In my option, if you do trap them, then euthanizing them is the best option (but still disgusting IMO). I think a very well trained live stock guardian dog is one option. OR is there any way you could install an electric fence to keep the coons out?

Last edited:
I was quiet upset and told the raccoon lol not to come over in certain area.
For some reason, I put up the cage and peanut butter in the cage that coons like, they have not come over.

I think they listened to me.

wee.gif
I have caught some that haven't come back also.

if your plywood is sound and 1/2" thick or more, you do not need hardware cloth underneath. Make sure you screw the board down. Those buggers are powerful and can potentially tear off a plywood off a frame if it is just screwed in. If you can't rip it apart nor can racoon. But if you can rip it apart while wearing leather glove to protect your hand, then most likely, the raccoon will do the same, tear it apart.

Yes make sure you install the electric netting properly. Be mindful of the ground return. The animal needs to make a complete circuit for them to get a painful zap.

Back
Top Bottom