Euthanized Guinea Pig Support Needed

I remember years ago when a Collie I owned was killed, he got out of the yard and a car hit him. I thought, I can't do this, the pain of losing an animal I love, it's overwhelming. So I thought about living without animals and I realized that would be a different pain, an unbearable one. Those were my choices. "No pain" was not an option. I could have overwhelming pain occasionally, or unbearable pain constantly.

I made my choice, and I bear the scars.
I also love that we have caring, understanding communities like this one to help us through those difficult times 🙏🏻♥️🐓

I understand this so much! I too have debated no more pets because the pain is just so difficult when we lose them. However, I too continue to find pets to love. Ultimately when we lose a pet it’s tough but not having them to love would be tougher. At some point in grieving we find gratitude that we were able to give them a beautiful life and show them love! I especially feel that way about my hens. They have such a great life and despite losing them at some point I know they’ve lived happy. They felt so much love. I’m so sorry about your pup ♥️
Thank you. It was many years ago. :hugs

I remember years ago when a Collie I owned was killed, he got out of the yard and a car hit him. I thought, I can't do this, the pain of losing an animal I love, it's overwhelming. So I thought about living without animals and I realized that would be a different pain, an unbearable one. Those were my choices. "No pain" was not an option. I could have overwhelming pain occasionally, or unbearable pain constantly.

I made my choice, and I bear the scars.
They say animals only give us one day of pain. ❤️‍🩹

Back
Top Bottom