Euthanized Guinea Pig Support Needed

So sorry that the G-Pig forum gave you a hard time. A lot of people don't understand why having an animal put down is best in some circumstances. You did the right thing by ending is misery, and he got to spend his last moments surrounded by the people who cared for him and in the comfort of his own home. Sending hugs. :hugs

We had to do the same type euthanasia with our precious Lucy (dog). She was a rescue that was PETRIFIED of any place where there were multiples of animals for fear she would be abandoned yet again. Hubby and son took her out to the woods and loved on her and cried… then did what was most humane FOR HER.
No judgment here. The most loving decisions aren’t the easiest. Lotsa love❤️
This seems like the most beautiful way to pass… sorry for your loss of Lucy! I bet if we could ask our pets what they wanted THIS would be their answer. Thank you for sharing this story. ♥️😭

So sorry that the G-Pig forum gave you a hard time. A lot of people don't understand why having an animal put down is best in some circumstances. You did the right thing by ending is misery, and he got to spend his last moments surrounded by the people who cared for him and in the comfort of his own home. Sending hugs. :hugs
So well said.. thank you ♥️😭

It takes the greatest courage in the world to give our animals their last, best gift - a safe, peaceful, quick and painless end to their final suffering. It is the most selfless thing we can do, because it turns our own hearts inside out. It is so contrary to what we want to do, but we know we must do it, out of love, to spare our little friends another moment of suffering. And if somebody doesn't understand that, well ... that's their problem. It just means they have not yet known that level of love. They are to be pitied. And then ignored. :hugs

It takes the greatest courage in the world to give our animals their last, best gift - a safe, peaceful, quick and painless end to their final suffering. It is the most selfless thing we can do, because it turns our own hearts inside out. It is so contrary to what we want to do, but we know we must do it, out of love, to spare our little friends another moment of suffering. And if somebody doesn't understand that, well ... that's their problem. It just means they have not yet known that level of love. They are to be pitied. And then ignored. :hugs
♥️♥️😭😭 At a loss for words.. thank you so much.

I agree, you did the right thing. Trust me! I went through something similar. My daughters Guinea pigs lived a long happy life, but, on the last year of their lives they started to have trouble walking, dragging the back legs, etc etc, and it got to the point where they would be soiled so bad I would give them daily baths just to clean them up a bit.(We waited way too long, and they suffered because we were not ready) Finally my daughter saw that this was not a good life for them and we took them in to be euthanized.
‘wow, talk about sticker shock!
i felt completely taken advantage of.
$400 for euthanasia?
BTW this is also the only Poultry vet close to us, so I avoid it like the plague!

I agree, you did the right thing. Trust me! I went through something similar. My daughters Guinea pigs lived a long happy life, but, on the last year of their lives they started to have trouble walking, dragging the back legs, etc etc, and it got to the point where they would be soiled so bad I would give them daily baths just to clean them up a bit.(We waited way too long, and they suffered because we were not ready) Finally my daughter saw that this was not a good life for them and we took them in to be euthanized.
‘wow, talk about sticker shock!
i felt completely taken advantage of.
$400 for euthanasia?
BTW this is also the only Poultry vet close to us, so I avoid it like the plague!
Awww I’m sorry for your piggies too! It’s very difficult with these little pets. Many don’t understand the love that goes into them! I too may have waited a bit too long but he seemed fairly calm for the first few days… his final 20 minutes just seems so unbearably painful for him. I’m grateful my husband was able to help him. It was just such a hard decision. ♥️

Awww I’m sorry for your piggies too! It’s very difficult with these little pets. Many don’t understand the love that goes into them! I too may have waited a bit too long but he seemed fairly calm for the first few days… his final 20 minutes just seems so unbearably painful for him. I’m grateful my husband was able to help him. It was just such a hard decision. ♥️
Piggies are such great little animals. I wish they lived longer.

Back
Top Bottom