EXTREME EMERGENCY!!! Pooping Pure Liquid Blood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just ordered some Corid from Jeffers. I got priority post, but there is no telling how long it will take to get here, it could be as long as 2 weeks. They are not sure if it will make it to Canada, but they are going to try.

Only kind they had in a powder was 20% for calves, so Im going to have to figure out what dose is safe for the birds.
I think the dose might be 1/2 a teaspoon per gallon, but I'm not 100% sure.

-Kathy

Ok, Im back from work.

I just checked on the bird and she is moving around still, clucking. She is about 2.5 months old. I cant remember her exact age.

She had a normal stool in the cage I put her in. No more blood that I can see. Im still not taking chances, although i would suspect all the birds have been exposed since it was their pecking at the blood in the shavings this morning that alerted me to the issue.

Haunted, i cant get Jefferspet.com to work, no matter how I use your link or the search engine. There may be an IP block on it, Canada is like that, some websites wont work here. I see you are in central Maine. Can people get Corid over the counter there at a feed store? I ask because if I have to, Ill drive to Maine to get it. Its about 6-7 hours to Bangore from here.
Yes we can and I know there's a Tractor Supply store in Bangor. They sell the powdered 20% Corid and the dosing on that is 1/2 tsp. per gallon of water. Don't you miss the Scotia Prince???? I know I do! PM me.

Just made some phone calls for you....Millinocket has 2 packs and Presque Isle has 1. Phone #s, 207-723-6582 [M] and 207-764-9900 [P]. SKU # 1033284. Figured I'd better follow through in case your order doesn't come in soon.

I just wanted to add, Corid is a broad spectrum parasite killer and works across species.
Meaning it kills coci across many animal types. It also seems to work killing other parasites.
Not that it is recommended to kill worms and such, but it explains why it cures many chickens who puff up and people link that lethargic puffy stance to coccidia.

So please dont think I meant that Corid can work to kill bacterial or viral infections in my earlier post.

Not sure exactly what the questions is here,but is someone wondering if you can purchase Amprolium in Canada? The answer is yes,any vet will have it,that is where i purchase mine.

Not sure exactly what the questions is here,but is someone wondering if you can purchase Amprolium in Canada? The answer is yes,any vet will have it,that is where i purchase mine.
Can anyone walk into a vet office and buy it over the counter, or does one need to have an established relationship with a vet to get it?

-Kathy

Can anyone walk into a vet office and buy it over the counter, or does one need to have an established relationship with a vet to get it?

-Kathy
Yes,just tell them what it is for. Ask for Amprolium. I have gone to vets that i have never been to before, and was able to purchase Amprolium(my vet was out of stock).

Yes,just tell them what it is for. Ask for Amprolium. I have gone to vets that i have never been to before, and was able to purchase Amprolium(my vet was out of stock).
Thanks! Sorry, another question...
hide.gif
Is this something that one can get at a small animal pratice, or just large animal?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom