Farm innovations 4250 incubator

I just had an excellent hatch with a Hovabator. No worries as it maintained constant temp the entire time. Set it and forget it.

Okay I think will try it cause I do like the bator thank u for me make feel better about it!!
1f601.png
1f601.png
1f44d-1f3fb.png

I have had mine running for 48 days and have had 27 of 30 eggs hatch successfully. Just set a 3rd set of eggs. I suggest taking a row or two out of the egg turner to maintain humidity better.

I just bought one. Everyone's problem with getting a different reading on a different thermometer is bc the clear plastic with black wire is the thermometer for the incubator. It is designed to read the temp on top of the egg. So I was getting a different reading compared to the 2 thermometers. So I laid the thermometer on top of my digital one and they read exactly the same now. In short the 2 thermometers were reading temps at 2 different heighths in the incubator. Heat rises.

Mine is being pretty consistent through several hatches. Only thing is I have to set the innovator's temp to 101 to get it to an actual 99 degrees. I check it every time with another gauge for at least 24 hours. Other than that, works well and turner is still working good. Have some ducks on lockdown right now.

Hope it holds out for several more hatches.

We just had a run in with a 4250. Was our first bator, purchased on Jan 25th and put 12 eggs in same day , 7 eggs seemed to be developing nicely. Temp and Humdity were rock solid until about day 17 when we started to see the temp climbing on the unit but dropping on the 4 extra thermometers inside. We even stuck a human thermometer and meat down through the vent hole. All 4 were pretty close but nothing like the machine temp.

Well be raising the desired temp a few degrees we seemed to be able to offset but had to continue to raising to the unit to keep it anywhere near 100F. Luckily our first little girl came out a day early. The next day a pip but we thought he wouldn't make it out as the temp was all over the board. Finally late on Day 22 he broke free as the heater pretty much failed completely. We took him out early to stay warm and dry under heat lamp. By the next morning the temp was down to ambient in the room, 75F even though we now had the unit set to 110F. We tried to use the heat lamp and a large bin cover with saran wrap with a vent and wet paper towels but no sign of life at Day 25.

Fortunately Tractor Supply took the ubit back for store credit cuz we were within the 30 day warranty. And there in lies the problem. How bad does you product have to be to only give 30 days. Good thing we used it right away.

So now we are hooked so after returning the 4250 did better research and dropped a few dimes on a new Brinsea 28 EX from Amazon. Price there was better than the Brinsea site and free shipping and 5% cash back from my Amazon Card to take the sting out. It arrives later today.

It has a 3 year warranty. Warranty matters, kicking myself for not looking at that before hand.

I have a few comments on the 4250 that may help out. First off run it for a few days, with the egg turner in and running. Glue the plastic piece of the temp. Probe to a block of wood and move it from egg slot to egg slot every half an hour until the temp on digital display matches your thermometer. Its important that you cut your wood so its the same height as the top of your eggs. Once u get the temp probe in the right spot it should stay fairly rock solid.

On the humidity side use a twist tie from a loaf of bread and tie it to the electrical wires on top so its just above egg height. One of the biggest problems was humidity..... I found out if your house is dry your best off not filling your trays full.

Want to keep an eye on your digital controller? Take a wooden dowel and drop it through a vent hole at egg height.

Back
Top Bottom