Farm innovations 4250 incubator

Hi all! Thinking about getting this incubator as my first ever incubator. It is not my first choice, but is affordable and seems fairly reliable. I work from home, so I will be able to babysit it.

Grandma, can you post the link to the thermometer that you are using?

Hi all! Thinking about getting this incubator as my first ever incubator. It is not my first choice, but is affordable and seems fairly reliable. I work from home, so I will be able to babysit it.

I'll try. Maybe you can help me. I've never posted a link before. I can give you the specs. Control Traceable 4648 Jumbo Display Vaccine Thermometer with 5ml Round Bottle, -50°C to 70°C (-58°F to 158°F) Range, 0.1° Resolution. It lists for $48.30. I used a piece of duct tape to make a sling for the vial and hung it where the sensor is for the controls on the FI. This thermometer has a low and high memory on it. So in any given 24 hour cycle you have a reading of the low and the high. I reset it every night when I go to bed. On Amazon you'll find it in the Industrial and Scientific department.

Last edited:
I am hatching birds of various origins. I hatched 14 out of an original 37 eggs. Many were clear and some died in the process. My neighbor is happy with what she gets but I think I should do better.

My Silkies just started pipping. I love these chicks! I got them from a lady the next town over and they're for a friend. How many did you lockdown?
I locked down 27 eggs. I've been candling but not too carefully. I candled again at 20 days and removed 2 that we're obviously dead. I was left with 11 eggs that didn't hatch. I didn't candle them, but in the future I would.

In addition to the thermometer I purchased a hygrometer from Amazon. The hygrometer on the incubator isn't something to rely on.

Back
Top Bottom