Farm innovations 4250 incubator

I used mine for the first time and never had prb with temp.or the humidity,I put 12 eggs in and 11 hatched,the 12th was not fertile

I've had the 2250 with auto turner for 6 months. It worked well for several hatches, but the last two were not good. I also have an independent thermometer and hygrometer in the unit. I had most of the chicks shrink wrapped in the hatch before the last one. 4 chicks made it out of 16. This last hatch went into lock down with 15 viable and moving chicks. The temperature spiked during the lockdown and I lost all the chicks. Now I wish that I had invested in a much better incubator.

I lost time as well as eggs and chicks. Penny wise and pound foolish. Now I am saving up for a Dickeys.

I used mine for the first time and never had prb with temp.or the humidity,I put 12 eggs in and 11 hatched,the 12th was not fertile

Did you use add'l guages or thermometers? What was your humidity and temp typically? Plugs in or out? Day 3 of incubation and I am worried, I may be doing this wrong.

Did you use add'l guages or thermometers? What was your humidity and temp typically? Plugs in or out? Day 3 of incubation and I am worried, I may be doing this wrong.

Just trashed mine. It did ok for about four hatches, then 2/3 of the way through this hatch the thermostat hung up and ran the temp up to 105'. :mad: I reset it twice with no luck. Switched the eggs to a Hovabator but I'm not anticipating any survivors.

Just trashed mine. It did ok for about four hatches, then 2/3 of the way through this hatch the thermostat hung up and ran the temp up to 105'. :mad: I reset it twice with no luck. Switched the eggs to a Hovabator but I'm not anticipating any survivors.
I have heard that happen with them after a few hatches. Sorry for your loss. This is my first hatch and it is working very well. Had to give it a 12 hour headstart to get its temp to even out. Very sensitive to climate humidity. I am dry hatching and still and am adding water several times a day. Going to put some $ away for a Brinsea or Get a small Janoelle.

one thing I would add is get a couple thermometers and a hygrometer that can be calibrated and use those for your base temp and humidity for a reference. very easy to calibrate and many helpful informative articles online. really helps taking that variable out of the process

I bought 2 digitals and a graduated. The digitals were worthless. The graduated after calibration perfect. Actually is on target with the visual display on incubator. All these shipped eggs just went on lockdown. Fairly certain there is a double yolker and that is my stressor now.

Thinking of getting one but after hearing reviews Iam sacred to try it now so should get this bator or forget it and buy a different??

Back
Top Bottom