Faverolles Thread

20200301_135233.jpg
20200301_135342.jpg
I got them from Southgate Faverolles in TN. Devon, the owner of the place, was working on making the blue darker. I may try to lighten it a bit, although Rosie, the pullet, has beautiful light blue on her primaries and tail. Sig, the cockerel, has darker blue all where normally it would be black. Beautiful coloring.

View attachment 2047735View attachment 2047736I got them from Southgate Faverolles in TN. Devon, the owner of the place, was working on making the blue darker. I may try to lighten it a bit, although Rosie, the pullet, has beautiful light blue on her primaries and tail. Sig, the cockerel, has darker blue all where normally it would be black. Beautiful coloring.
Don't you have salmons too? These are LF, correct?

I had bantam splash salmons years ago. And bantam BBS, white and buff, along with LF salmons, blues, blacks and project ermines.

Hi all. I have 2 questions for the people out there who raise Salmon Faverolles! I ordered some hatching eggs that were supposed to be Bantam Salmon Faverolles. The eggs were bigger than I remembered bantam eggs being but I didn't really have anything to compare them to so I didn't question it. I only got 2 chicks out of that hatch and 1 is a beautiful hen and the other is this little cockerel. They were hatched Feb 29th so are almost 3 months old. I am wondering if someone can tell if he is definitely a LF (pic of him next to 1 qt waterer for comparison) and also if this is how the color of a Salmon Fav roo of this age should be - it looks muddled to me?? I am going to have to sell him and I don't want to tell someone he is a Salmon Fav if he is actually a mix. Thanks for your help.

IMG_20200519_092854081_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200519_092347009.jpg
IMG_20200519_092535160_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200519_092617602.jpg

It's hard to say from that picture whether or not he is a bantam or LF. He looks smaller than my LF did at that age. Maybe the breeder mixed bantam and LF? How large is the pullet you hatched?

As for the coloring, it's not unusual. While some cockerels look like miniature adults a good many are a colorful mess. A hodgepodge of black, white and salmon or mahogany. Years ago I knew someone who hatched from a good line of bantams. As juveniles all the cockerels looked like red salmons- where there should be black there was red. Most unusual to look at. Yet when I saw them as adults they looked like any other salmon males.

Thanks for the reply!! The pullet is close to the same size - a tiny bit smaller. Sorry about the pic - he was not very cooperative and kept trying to jump down every time I would back up to take it. Hopefully his coloring will straighten out as he grows - I wish I could keep him just to see how he turns out but only need 1 roo!

Hello. I was guided to this page in hopes to find a lead on LF show quality faverolles. I have 3 boys in the 4-H who have developed a love for this particular breed. They want to start a breeding program and showing. I have been looking for leads but always hit dead ends. I appreciate any and all help.

Back
Top Bottom