Faverolles Thread

I have a Fav roo that faced down a fox around 10 months and ran him off (defending the 2 other roos in the bachelor pen!). He also fought off a raccoon (I think since the girls were unscathed) when one attacked- he fought so long and loud that he woke us in time to save him... he was more then 100 feet away from the coop and still engaged with the raccoon, fighting like a mad thing, when we came to his rescue. His eyes/head were so bad I thought the coon had blinded him as he was such a mess his head resembled hamburger,, but I brought him in and cleaned him up and stuck him back with the girls the next day, as I have a no coddle policy here (middle of winter too). 2 days later and he was again breeding them. He has good flesh w/ him being heavier then expected when picked up, OK type, nice color and is an alert and attentive roo... otherwise he is an ugly sucker, (has a very poor comb), but the fox thing cinched his staying here to contribute to the flock... He is going to Michigan (along with a BIG Boulanger roo) to further add his hardy genes. but he is a nervous guy- always growls when you walk up to the coop and never relaxes in human presence. I would chalk it up to poor vision from the coon fight... except he always was like this. Never flogs you ever though. Sons from him are also more alert then the average fav roo.

I have a year old daughter from him that I do not need if you want to make the drive,,no money needed, you can have her for future eggs
wink.png

this is my boy, Red Jack, he has a severe wing clip because he likes to roost where it is a pain to get him down... either my turkeys (which are now gone) or another roo pulled out his tail, he also is on "alert" and up on his toes in this picture, (he was suspicious of me LOL) his body shape is not showing well here

here he is again... almost caught him relaxing LOL

rats he saw me LOL this one gives you an idea of his size, he is a compact dud
I can hardly wait ......... Its going to put me ahead on my breeding program Thanks Sandi

Salmon Faverolles are the most common variety of Faverolles right? And white Faverolles are the second most common variety right?
Thanks!
:)

idk about that lol... i guess it depends if your talking LF or bantam??? other than salmon most of the other colors of LF only have 2 to 5 breeders... if your looking for white good luck finding any...
Salmon Faverolles are the most common variety of Faverolles right? And white Faverolles are the second most common variety right?
Thanks!
:)

idk about that lol... i guess it depends if your talking LF or bantam??? other than salmon most of the other colors of LF only have 2 to 5 breeders... if your looking for white good luck finding any...
Thanks! I have some Salmon Faverolles lined up! (My friend is a breeder of Salmon Faverolles! LF and Bant

Wild turkeys typically don't socialize with the domesticated.

If you want to see more slates either hit a show or look at Paul Allen on line who is raising a lot of them very well.

Favie girl coughing again or sneezing or whatever it is. I can't wait for her to be old to enough to get past all this and lay eggs so I can have more Favs... and then I can turn evil and cross them with Ameraucanas for Favaucanas lol I just love the name mash-ups.

LOL tell that to the 2 pains in the neck we had to shoot because they were fighting with our Tom. My neighbors thought they were mine and kept complaining to the town about them. Even the animal control officer got involved. At one point we had 9 toms hanging around.My Tom came from Duane Urch and he was VERY good according to the SOP.

Give that Molly's Herbals stuff a try, can't hurt and it might be just what she needs. You could also try Sambucol, which is sold in CVS. Sabucol is an anti viral made from elderberry that was developed in Israel- all of their troops carry it as part of their med kit.I have literally saved a 9 week old pup with Parvo life with it.

Back
Top Bottom