Faverolles Thread

For some reason, I am unable to download pictures on this site and can't show you what I would like. But regardless, I have a question that I'd like some help with
I have a 3-4 wk old fav bantam that show split wings, both wings. The primaries stick out on each side standing and at rest, and when examining them, they both have a very visible split/gap between the primary and secondary feathers. New feathers are still coming in but appear to be the next row up, which will eventually cover the split wing area, but I don't think this is going to technically remedy the problem. Is this a temporary problem that the chick will grow out of and not pass on to the offspring? Or is it as I think-- A default that exists and the bird is not going to grow out of and is hereditary. This is not my main line but a chick from a swap egg. I got I'd like some expert opinions out there. Thank you.

For some reason, I am unable to download pictures on this site and can't show you what I would like. But regardless, I have a question that I'd like some help with
I have a 3-4 wk old fav bantam that show split wings, both wings. The primaries stick out on each side standing and at rest, and when examining them, they both have a very visible split/gap between the primary and secondary feathers. New feathers are still coming in but appear to be the next row up, which will eventually cover the split wing area, but I don't think this is going to technically remedy the problem. Is this a temporary problem that the chick will grow out of and not pass on to the offspring? Or is it as I think-- A default that exists and the bird is not going to grow out of and is hereditary. This is not my main line but a chick from a swap egg. I got I'd like some expert opinions out there. Thank you.

My understanding is that split wing can't be fixed, and it is hereditary.... I have a non-breeding roo (yard art) that has it, unfortunately, otherwise he's a nice bird. It's a trait breeders are working to eradicate. - Which is interesting to me. If it is so prevalent, why doesn't the sop accept it as such, instead of rejecting it as a flaw and working so hard to get rid of it? Things that make you go "Hmmmm"

OH! OH! I almost forgot - one of my fav girls hatched 3 chicks today! I had given up on those eggs being fertile. Today I opened the door and there were 3 little yellow puff balls bouncing around her :) Pics tomorrow when she lets them come out to forage!

can you please confirm this is hen or roo ? i am getting "her" soon....

but dont know alot about them.... 7-8mths old not laying yet

Thanks all
I see you are not in the USA so I am wondering if SOP for Favs is different there? My guess would be pullet as well although she does look different from our girls here in the US.

I see you are not in the USA so I am wondering if SOP for Favs is different there? My guess would be pullet as well although she does look different from our girls here in the US.
Australia has more "other colored" Faverolles than the US, so maybe it's a different variety or a project bird? As to the original question, it is a pullet.

Australia has more "other colored" Faverolles than the US, so maybe it's a different variety or a project bird? As to the original question, it is a pullet.
It was more her long neck than the color that looks different to me. Even when my girls are curious, their necks dont' look that long. I know breeds vary in other countries. I think they are all beautiful!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom