Faverolles Thread

All the same chick

One last time on the Faverolle vs Faverolles discussion....got an email from Peter Merlin and he said that those who said Faverolles with an S all the time, are absolutely correct. ;)

At the NJ State 4H poultry show on September 7th there were about 160 birds being shown and i got Reserve Champion Bantam and Reserve Super Grand Champion of the Show with my Salmon Faverolles Cock and Champion Trio with a Salmon Faverolles trio i was showing!!! I will try and post a pic of him this week!
Congratulations!
yippiechickie.gif
That's awesome - yes, please get us some pics of your champion fowl
thumbsup.gif

That is very true! :D One of the others started jumping on my shoulder but she tries to get the plugs and studs out of my ears so I've had to stop her sitting up there now, I thought once she realised she couldn't eat them she would stop - but it just made her more determined and it got pretty painful! LOL, chickens eh?
Other birds, esp parrots, do this. I am guessing but if its shiny like the back of a beetle, they peck it. Crows like shiny things to line their nests. Can you imagine a fav nest lined with ... ear rings in this case? "Some very fancy chicks live there." This does not explain their love of styrofoam.
hmm.png

Other birds, esp parrots, do this. I am guessing but if its shiny like the back of a beetle, they peck it. Crows like shiny things to line their nests. Can you imagine a fav nest lined with ... ear rings in this case? "Some very fancy chicks live there." This does not explain their love of styrofoam.
hmm.png

LOL! That would be hilarious if they lined their nests with things they found, my favs nest would have earrings, threads from my clothes, slices of cooked carrot (they don't eat these... rather just run around with them!), and zippers, they are obsessed with zippers. It would not be a very attractive nest, it's funny what they find interesting though isn't it?
Oh bless their fluffy beards.

Back
Top Bottom