Faverolles Thread

This will make a difficult to breed chicken an even less desirable choice for those interested in learning about breeding and showing. Hopefully the Northeastern reboot of the club can make a go of it and make a difference in the future.
Hi, i have belonged to several clubs in the past and am not able to be physically involved at this time with shows and functions outside my local area…It has been said that there is a facebook site as well but did not know if it was associated with the club. ( am one of the dinosaurs that have yet to join facebook). maybe the club needs to be more of a networking/blog sort of affair? Many love chickens or the breed but not everyone is passionate or have the ability to attend shows or?

Please tell us more about the *reboot*? and if you are on the facebook Fav page, a little about it???

So much rides on each persons concept of what they would like a club to be. i think for us to be viable, a good data base of *everyone* who has Faverolles and would like to be known, members or not, especially if they are working on project or rare colorations. contact information, or facebook or BYC or, what varieties. I know of many in my state that are not members who have Faverolles. One, last i heard is working on a bantam buff project. Owner information could be solicited thru BYC, Facebook, Poultry Press, informational posters at shows that have a contact information, reaching out to known owners for their knowledge of others. The list could be updated yearly with a simple e-mail note or?

I love information, the history, breeders who have shaped the industry would love to know more, pictures of the various varieties known, available or not. Birds in other countries. Feathersite has gone a long way to help with some of this. This is one awesome site for all bird lovers…..Speaking of feathersite, the Faverolle page is in need of some contact updating. It also has several chick imaging that could help with sexing your wee ones.

I would also like to encourage more involvement by those purchasing hatchery Faverolles…..some can be nice but the current trend with the odd colors is moving away from what a Faverolle looks like, physically and colorwise. All we need to do is write a quick note letting them know, Wow, Thanks, the ones i received turned out well, or mine didn't grow out looking like a Fav. should be, Are You changing your breeding practices???? ( feedstores should be able to give you hatchery name). Maybe this could help bring them back to the standard…..

apologize, just some thoughts,eliz

check with elizmartin I hear a lot about her Faverolles on this thread, being great quality. Good luck I hope you find some, I have 4 young ones and just love their personalities
Thankyou very much for the kudo's, i cannot say that what i enjoy here would be of the quality that anyone would want. I purchased many from wonderful people who had lovely birds….I currently do not show and would not know how they would stand up to those that have been winning. There are lots of quality birds in the yards of our BYC'ers.

My little salmon keeps getting more and more brown. Don't think she's going to be a very true salmon color.

Seems like more and more feathers appear everyday.

This was when i first got her.

Believe me i have been keeping a close eye. The breeder did say he'd be more than happy to take it back if it turned out to be a boy because the roosters are so good looking.

Hi, i have belonged to several clubs in the past and am not able to be physically involved at this time with shows and functions outside my local area…It has been said that there is a facebook site as well but did not know if it was associated with the club. ( am one of the dinosaurs that have yet to join facebook). maybe the club needs to be more of a networking/blog sort of affair? Many love chickens or the breed but not everyone is passionate or have the ability to attend shows or? 

Please tell us more about the *reboot*?  and if you are on the facebook Fav page, a little about it??? 

So much rides on each persons concept of what they would like a club to be.  i think for us to be viable, a good data base of *everyone* who has Faverolles and would like to be known, members or not, especially if they are working on project or rare colorations.  contact information, or facebook or BYC or, what varieties. I know of many in my state that are not members who have Faverolles. One, last i heard is working on a bantam buff project. Owner information could be solicited thru BYC, Facebook, Poultry Press, informational posters at shows that have a contact information, reaching out to known owners for their knowledge of others. The list could be updated yearly with a simple e-mail note or?  

I love information, the history, breeders who have shaped the industry would love to know more, pictures of the various varieties known, available or not. Birds in other countries. Feathersite has gone a long way to help with some of this. This is one awesome site for all bird lovers…..Speaking of feathersite, the Faverolle page is in need of some contact updating. It also has several chick imaging that could help with sexing your wee ones.

I would also like to encourage more involvement by those purchasing hatchery Faverolles…..some can be nice but the current trend with the odd colors is moving away from what a Faverolle looks like, physically and colorwise. All we need to do is write a quick note letting them know, Wow, Thanks, the ones i received turned out well, or mine didn't grow out looking like a Fav. should be, Are You changing your breeding practices???? ( feedstores should be able to give you hatchery name). Maybe this could help bring them back to the standard…..

apologize, just some thoughts,eliz

Great ideas Eliz, you should join us on Facebook, we are Northeastern Faverolles Society. Dick is supportive of the effort, and has some great ideas for fun and educational club only matches. We are really hoping to focus on becoming more of a grass roots and nurturing type of club if we can. Anyone who raises Faverolles, regardless of origin, will be welcomed with open arms.

Last edited:
Great ideas Eliz, you should join us on Facebook, we are Northeastern Faverolles Society. Dick is supportive of the effort, and has some great ideas for fun and educational club only matches. We are really hoping to focus on becoming more of a grass roots and nurturing type of club if we can. Anyone who raises Faverolles, regardless of origin, will be welcomed with open arms.
Thankyou, this sounds exciting. All right everyone here, sounds like an invitation, Northeastern or not….. btw, am guessing that some folks here would be wondering who Dick is. Am greatful…..alot is having somewhere to go.

My little salmon keeps getting more and more brown. Don't think she's going to be a very true salmon color.

Seems like more and more feathers appear everyday.

This was when i first got her.
One just never knows anymore
smile.png
I have a small group of bantam Salmons and saved only one pullet this season, she's almost a year now….Welllllll, over this last month she has now become very spotted, appy like….no clue where it came from….my bantams are all several generations strong.

As a 'lurking' Faverolles owner, it does break my heart that the Faverolles Fanciers of America is coming to an end.

We have owned three salmon Faverolles hens for the last 3 years (hatched from eggs from PiperOmar), they're such wonderful birds. Everyone who has been introduced to them has loved them. They're so gentle and 'puppydog-ish', they'll follow me around the garden and come running when called.

Now that we have more land, we will be hatching more eggs in the springtime to add to our flock. We'd love to breed for quality, now that we have room and live in an area that allows roosters!

I recently attended the PNW Poultry Show and saw a few 'Faverolle' chickens on display. Has anyone figured out a polite way to correct this common mistake? I know I'm being a little picky, but in a show setting, you'd think accuracy would be important.

Back
Top Bottom