Faverolles Thread

I will definitely be checking out the club on facebook!

On another note, my scissor beak chick passed last night. I had noticed this past week that she had seemed to stop growing, so I was bringing her in at night to get some solo eating time, with a mash.I got home from work yesterday and she wasn't out with the others. She was in the corner of the coop writhing around. She was so skinny and light :/ I guess I didn't do enough..I thought she was getting enough food..I checked her crop every night
hmm.png

I will definitely be checking out the club on facebook!

On another note, my scissor beak chick passed last night. I had noticed this past week that she had seemed to stop growing, so I was bringing her in at night to get some solo eating time, with a mash.I got home from work yesterday and she wasn't out with the others. She was in the corner of the coop writhing around. She was so skinny and light :/ I guess I didn't do enough..I thought she was getting enough food..I checked her crop every night
hmm.png
Don't beat your self up over this….it is very rare that one will survive, You obviously did all anyone could. Am sorry, its never easy.

As a 'lurking' Faverolles owner, it does break my heart that the Faverolles Fanciers of America is coming to an end.

We have owned three salmon Faverolles hens for the last 3 years (hatched from eggs from PiperOmar), they're such wonderful birds. Everyone who has been introduced to them has loved them. They're so gentle and 'puppydog-ish', they'll follow me around the garden and come running when called.

Now that we have more land, we will be hatching more eggs in the springtime to add to our flock. We'd love to breed for quality, now that we have room and live in an area that allows roosters!

I recently attended the PNW Poultry Show and saw a few 'Faverolle' chickens on display. Has anyone figured out a polite way to correct this common mistake? I know I'm being a little picky, but in a show setting, you'd think accuracy would be important.
Think the best way is to write a note mentioning that you saw the tags spelled Faverolle but have seen it more as Faverolles…….In the American Standards of Perfection 2001. ( is there an update??? ) The Faverolles standard has it spelled with an S, but the pics do not. The Faverolles Fanciers of America Club also used an S.

Would love to know who was representing Faverolles at the show….We do have some great breeders in the area. I wish the exhibitor pages listed what they showed.

Last edited:
Think the best way is to write a note mentioning that you saw the tags spelled Faverolle but have seen it more as Faverolles…….In the American Standards of Perfection 2001. ( is there an update??? ) The Faverolles standard has it spelled with an S, but the pics do not. The Faverolles Fanciers of America Club also used an S.

Would love to know who was representing Faverolles at the show….We do have some great breeders in the area. I wish the exhibitor pages listed what they showed.
Great idea to send a note! I know I'm splitting hairs, especially since I wasn't sure I'd see any at all.

I wish I could remember all that I chatted with regarding the breed. There were quite a few pretty birds on display, including one young roo that I nearly walked out with. Really friendly folks, too.

Was cruising around the internet and found on *poultrykeeper.com*, a brief history of the Faverolles that is more than most…..It states that the breed name comes from a village named Faverolles, so will always have an S on the end regardless of one or more birds just like the breed Marans.

Back
Top Bottom