Faverolles Thread

I'm from southwestern MN and have the bantam faverolles. Ken Splett from Freeman SD also has the bantams. Over here in MN I know Duane Urch has some standards. However at the last MSPA show just weeks ago he was looking for some standards too. Marilyn Pikal (Fox Hollow Calls) from here in MN has some standards but hasn't seen her selling chicks yet.

I am just over the border in WI and will have chicks or eggs come spring. I also have a couple nice cockerels available.

Does anyone know of a Salmon Faverolles breeder that tests for MG. I am shell shocked from losing 300 mostly rare breeds to MG over the last year and half, so I am trying to make sure I at least start with a clean flock next year. I have BBS Ameraucana coming from Whitmore Farms, but I'd like to get some more SF too. MG tested chickens are hard to come by. Thanks for any help.

Does anyone know of a Salmon Faverolles breeder that tests for MG. I am shell shocked from losing 300 mostly rare breeds to MG over the last year and half, so I am trying to make sure I at least start with a clean flock next year. I have BBS Ameraucana coming from Whitmore Farms, but I'd like to get some more SF too. MG tested chickens are hard to come by. Thanks for any help.

You lost 300?? Oh my! Did they die from MG or did you cull to get clear of it?

You lost 300?? Oh my! Did they die from MG or did you cull to get clear of it?
It was horrible. Most slowly died or got symptomatic and then culled, but in the end I had a new neighbor buy the abandoned lot next to us who is a chicken person and will be getting chicks next Spring so I culled the last 70 survivors before she moves in. I didn't want to be responsible for passing it on to her flock.

It was horrible. Most slowly died or got symptomatic and then culled, but in the end I had a new neighbor buy the abandoned lot next to us who is a chicken person and will be getting chicks next Spring so I culled the last 70 survivors before she moves in. I didn't want to be responsible for passing it on to her flock.

That's terrible :(

Do you know anyone with Blue or Black Faverolles? I want to breed them with the BBS Ameraucana as well for a Blue Favaucana project. The MPC website makes them sound so nice. I had several Faverolle crosses previously and they were so lovely and sweet dispositions - better than either of their parents. Although a Blue Salmon would probably also be beautiful :)

Only elizmartin in WA and Pam Mynard in Liberty Hill TX (Little Creek Farm) have LF blues and blacks. I don't think either tests for MS/MG. You can reach elizmartin through this site. Unfortunately Pam's website is no longer available.

Last edited:
Only elizmartin in WA and Pam Mynard in Liberty Hill TX (Little Creek Farm) have LF blues and blacks. I don't think either tests for MS/MG. You can reach elizmartin through this site. Unfortunately Pam's website is no longer available.
Thank you so much. I have 2 nice ladies on your fb page that have let me know they have blacks, which would be good for me. Now just working out the details :) I have lots of work still to do outside before I am ready for them. ETA I am going to test them myself with my local vet or if I can figure out how to do my own swabs and mail them I will do that.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom