Faverolles Thread

Showing off a couple of my babies :D They are right at 4 months old now. These are the only two survivors of a catastrophic incubator failure on what was going to be a very successful hatch of Laurel Zepp's shipped lavender faverolles project eggs. It is a miracle these two survived. First I had the bator completely die for an entire day while I was gone and I didn't notice till I checked the water level the next day. Then on hatch day I had to be gone again and the new incubator I bought spiked to "fires of hell" temps by the time I got home. These two (and a brother who was rehomed for being off color) had pipped and were struggling to escape their shells. Sadly no one else made it. The rooster is quite pretty, and although I love my hen - she is missing her muff and beard. I have 2 dozen more eggs coming in April. I am so excited for them to get here! This time I will use my trusty Hovabator Genesis (it was full of other eggs last time) and hopefully get a great hatch. (Please USPS - be gentle!) My rooster is named Lord Milori, and the hen is Queen Clarion :D (We are Pixie Hollow fans around here.)

Last edited:
Showing off a couple of my babies
big_smile.png
They are right at 4 months old now. These are the only two survivors of a catastrophic incubator failure on what was going to be a very successful hatch of Laurel Zepp's shipped lavender faverolles project eggs. It is a miracle these two survived. First I had the bator completely die for an entire day while I was gone and I didn't notice till I checked the water level the next day. Then on hatch day I had to be gone again and the new incubator I bought spiked to "fires of hell" temps by the time I got home. These two (and a brother who was rehomed for being off color) had pipped and were struggling to escape their shells. Sadly no one else made it. The rooster is quite pretty, and although I love my hen - she is missing her muff and beard. I have 2 dozen more eggs coming in April. I am so excited for them to get here! This time I will use my trusty Hovabator Genesis (it was full of other eggs last time) and hopefully get a great hatch. (Please USPS - be gentle!) My rooster is named Lord Milori, and the hen is Queen Clarion
big_smile.png
(We are Pixie Hollow fans around here.)

Best of Luck, The pics i have seen of Laurel's Lavenders are really lovely...

I love this breed. Only downside it the 5th toe nail needs to be trimmed regularly and need a good clean run due to feathers on their legs but temperament is wonderful. I do have one sassy one that fights with the lead hen for the position as lead hen but always gets put back in place lol

We got her at Wilco farm supply. They didn't know what she was so they gave her to us for free.
It is possible. It looks like she might have extra toes. Hatchery Favs can be all sorts of colors and with or without muffs and beards. It is possible she isn't either.

Do you have a side shot not in the red light?

Back
Top Bottom