Faverolles Thread

Quote:
woot.gif
Welcome CB! Its always good to find another Faverolles lover. I highly recommend Meyer Hatcheries too. My Salmon Faverolles roo came from there and I'm told he's not too bad for a hatchery bird.

This is him at about 6 months old:
WebIMG_7684.jpg

The two hens I got from them weren't as nice and I just ordered eggs from a breeder of show quality Faverolles to improve my stock. I think Faverolles are fantastic dual purpose birds and hope to promote them in my area. Good luck with yours!

Good Morning ,I got to hurry and go to work but I had to say that he(pic) is one handsome looking gentleman. I think Meyers will be my next try. Yall have a great day.
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
old.gif
thumbsup.gif

CBIII..I know what you mean..I have looked for 2 yrs in my area for Favs. I finally gave up and ordered eggs last year..out of 48 eggs I have 1 hen..(not the breeders fault..mine & PO)..anyway she is absolutely the best sweetest hen I have ever had.I have had chickens for 30 yrs or so and have several different breeds..I hope to eventually only have Sal.Favs. LF Cochins and a few EEs. I have ordered eggs for Favs from HatTricks and am on the waiting list of several others..hoping to get a roo and 6 or so good hens this year!

Glad to see everyone favs are doing so well my 6 favs and 4 blrw bantams are due on friday! Then I will be setting some eggs from the new breeding pen of OxleyXHattrick hens and the 18 eggs I am getting from Rose Isgrig. Then I will be switching in the ComerXBourlanger cockeral I am getting shipped from Leisha when the warmer weather starts.

Henry

Quote:
Gloria, I thought the same thing about one that I had until I did a little more research. Here is a picture of her at about 6 months (I've got to get new pics as my Faverolles are 8 months old now):
WebIMG_7660.jpg

I really like the Mahogany color. Post more pics of your girls please.

Can someone tell me what the approved colors are for showing purposes?

Also, how long does it take for the Faverolles Fanciers of America to get back to you? I sent in my membership paperwork/dues 2 weeks ago but have heard nothing from them yet.

Quote:
Gloria, I thought the same thing about one that I had until I did a little more research. Here is a picture of her at about 6 months (I've got to get new pics as my Faverolles are 8 months old now):
http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww265/pbroner/WebIMG_7660.jpg

I really like the Mahogany color. Post more pics of your girls please.

Can someone tell me what the approved colors are for showing purposes?

Also, how long does it take for the Faverolles Fanciers of America to get back to you? I sent in my membership paperwork/dues 2 weeks ago but have heard nothing from them yet.

Standardized colors for showing are Large and Bantam Salmon and White. The American Bantam Association also recognizes Black, Blue, and Buff bantams.

David

Supposed to have my coop by now, but the weather has been so terrible that the guy who is bringing it to me has been snowed in for weeks!
barnie.gif

I was hoping to have chickens in February but it looks like that's getting pushed back to March or later.

Would still love to find some white or black bantams!

Back
Top Bottom