Faverolles Thread

Mame when using the Frontline - what form is that exactly? I have heard of people using that - but all i know of is the stuff you squirt on your dog or cats neck????

Quote:
This is still such a lovely color....The lil girl i have is similar but doesn't have the dark on the neck.....only a smattering of the tipped feathers.. Did You say that the dad was a blue Salmon????? if so was he related to my Bluey?????from You????

Happy Holidayz All.....eliz

Quote:
Yes, although I pour it into a little cup and dip a q-tip into it. Then I dab it behind their heads, under their wings, around their vent. The q-tip MUST go against the skin - if the medicine gets on the feathers it won't work. I actually find it harder to get next to the skin behind their heads - the feathers are so tight there.

Quote:
My Favarolles often run together even thou they do have their own pens, no problem, only if you decide to save eggs for chicks. You would then need to keep separate for at least 3 weeks to insure that the crosses are as you wish. I thing the reason not to cross sizes is that it dilutes the genes of both and will crop up and be a problem if you wish to sell as breeders in the future. If they show, there are size and weight specifications.

eliz

PS This is another time i wrote before realizing that this had already been answered well. thanks .....

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes, although I pour it into a little cup and dip a q-tip into it. Then I dab it behind their heads, under their wings, around their vent. The q-tip MUST go against the skin - if the medicine gets on the feathers it won't work. I actually find it harder to get next to the skin behind their heads - the feathers are so tight there.

Hi, When using Frontline i think there are several dog/cat lb. sizes.....Can you elaborate what your choice is?????

Also when using Ivormectin, There are formulations for several types of animals, most are dilutions but again your thoughts....is there a chicken formula? is it good for both internal and external parasites? Thanks, eliz

Quote:

Hi, When using Frontline i think there are several dog/cat lb. sizes.....Can you elaborate what your choice is?????

Also when using Ivormectin, There are formulations for several types of animals, most are dilutions but again your thoughts....is there a chicken formula? is it good for both internal and external parasites? Thanks, eliz

eliz~

I have never used frontline on my birds but I have on my dogs, rabbits and guinea pigs. Having said that, any of the Frontline (Dog/Cat; big or small) will work; its the same. Just depends on how many birds you have, you want to treat and how much you want left over. The Cotton swab idea is a good one. Sidenote: Frontline is, tauted as a, long term systemic drug so I would caution to not eat any of the eggs at least with in the first couple of weeks.

I've mainly use Sevin dust and Ivermectin with my birds. I use the Sevin dust in there nest boxes and coop corners. I apply Ivermectin directly, like frontline. I still wont eat their eggs for at least two weeks. I will hatch those eggs instead.

Hope that helps.

Quote:
She doesn't have the mille fleur genotype...she's more of a blue mottled with salmon leakage...don't worry, I'll be playing with her genetics a bit...
wink.png

Glad your going to work w/her...the color lighting wasnt the best, BUT,...I can see Where CM's idea of being MF! Lol, look at the arrows on a few of her breast and sweep-word
big_smile.png
If you part w/her, I'd be honored to have first offer back on her
wink.png
Keep me posted on what she produces w/your boy.

Quote:
This is still such a lovely color....The lil girl i have is similar but doesn't have the dark on the neck.....only a smattering of the tipped feathers.. Did You say that the dad was a blue Salmon????? if so was he related to my Bluey?????from You????

Happy Holidayz All.....eliz

No relation, she came from eggs I got from Misty.
wink.png

Attention Faverolles Club members!! The officisl 2011 winter newsletter has been emailed
Eliz Martin - Yours came back as a bad email addy. Please pm me with correct one so I can get yours to you.

Quote:
Use Ivermectin or Eprinex on her, but give her a bath first. You'll get most of them off in the bath. You can use a dog / cat flea and tick shampoo on her in the bath as well. Yeah, mites are GROSS!!!
sickbyc.gif
The Silkies seem to be MAGNETS for them!!

Oh, and thanks for posting the standard weights!
wink.png

I agree the ivermectin pour on works wonders! They will be off of them by the next day. I got mine from valleyvetsupply.com. It is like $35 for their smallest bottle but well worth it. I use about 3 drops for bantams and 5-7 for larger birds depending on their size. It seems some birds attract them more than others. Yes, the first indication I had a problem is when I feel creepy crawlies on me! Put the drops on their skin behind their neck. The sevin dust didn't work for me but the ivermectin did the job almost immediately!

I use frontline, just like I dofor our dog. One or 2 dropd on back of the neck works fine!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom