Favorable "sound" memories from your childhood

My mom woke us up with the classic "Rise and shine!". She had the old leather moccasin slippers, really well worn, and I remember the sound of those on the slate floor in the kitchen, walking around making coffee etc. Hard to find those slippers these days.

Quote: I don't mind the temps of a drip coffee maker, but I love the way a percolator would just get stronger and stronger the longer you left it going. Saved coffee and money. I still have one I use on the wood stove in the winter, but use my Bunn the rest of the year.

Need to add smells to the list too. Like coffee percolating, new cut hay, fresh bread cooking, the smell of well oiled leather.

Bacon cooking in the morning.
droolin.gif

Wow, I got all depressed because I couldn't remember any of the things you guys did...then it hit me...

The bawling of the cows, the calls of Sandhill Cranes, the bellowing of alligators...
love.gif

The sound of the waves breaking on the shore...
love.gif

Oh, and smells? The Orange blossoms and night jasmine...

Last edited:
Wow, I got all depressed because I couldn't remember any of the things you guys did...then it hit me...

The bawling of the cows, the calls of Sandhill Cranes, the bellowing of alligators...
love.gif

The sound of the waves breaking on the shore...
love.gif

Oh, and smells? The Orange blossoms and night jasmine...
umm Em?

Most of the things we remember?

You weren't even born yet....

Back
Top Bottom