February/March 2017 Hatch-a-long

The other picture didn't come out.

My runner eggs are officially in lockdown! Candled before I put them in and 6/6 are wriggling into position. Only thing I'm worried about are the saddle shaped air cells but I've seen on here people have hatched fine. I put them in a egg carton with the bottom cut out!! Hopefully by Saturday I'll have some beautiful fluffy ducks
1f423.png

Took 20 eggs into lock down, Today is day 21. Had 2 hatch last night and 2 this morning!!!
Left: one is Ancona Right: Buff Orpington!

Last edited:
What are people's thoughts about hatching in egg cartons? I searched on here about it as my shipped duck eggs air cells are saddle shaped but I'm worrying incase they won't be able to hatch in it. Opinions welcome

What are people's thoughts about hatching in egg cartons? I searched on here about it as my shipped duck eggs air cells are saddle shaped but I'm worrying incase they won't be able to hatch in it. Opinions welcome

Hatched my own silkie eggs successfully in an egg carton. I did the turkeys in egg cartons and that didn't go well, but that was a humidity issue. They grew well in the carton and it helped with the air cells.

Today is lockdown here. We hatch weekly so there is regular excitement around here. This hatch is a real jumble. Some production BYMs, french black coppers, project lavenders and a few cream legbars. Cannot wait to hear peeping from the incubator.

Shipped eggs hatching. Was a little worried as this is day 22. 8/16 made it to day 18. 2 chicks out with 5 pips. Lavender and lemon Orpingtons.

Please post pics, I've never heard of Lemon Orpingtons and I'm dying to see babies. I love BYC, I'm learning all kinds of things!
263a.png

Back
Top Bottom