February/March 2017 Hatch-a-long

Final tally eggs due 3/30 and a batch due 3/31. Both ran a day late. 12 of 14 brown egg layers and 17 of 19 colored egg layers from my flock hatched.

20 new chicks hatched for me in March. I don't remember how many eggs I set, but about half of them weren't fertile.

my last hatch a couple days ago was more successful than my first (failed hatch) I got 11 out of 22 this time... out of the 11 6 are from my barred roo and 5 from my partridge roo (all cochins) 2 of whom are from my silkie hen so cute will post pics on my lunch break :)

Greetings from rural Iowa! We have some Black Swedish and Welsh Harlequins hatching today. First time we've used an incubator instead of letting the mama ducks do all the work. So far, so good!

Greetings from rural Iowa! We have some Black Swedish and Welsh Harlequins hatching today. First time we've used an incubator instead of letting the mama ducks do all the work. So far, so good!

Awww they are adorable! I wish everyone would post lots of pics, I love seeing what newly hatched little ones look like compared to grown. I'm now heading to see what these little ones look like as adults!

Back
Top Bottom