Fecal testing

needlessjunk

Crowing
7 Years
May 19, 2014
Georgetown, TX
So I've heard it is pretty affordable to have done, but where do you go? Do I just call around? I would rather have them checked for worms rather than just worm everyone for no reason. @casportpony I know you've given me info on worming before. So I want to pick your brain on gape worms.
1f600.png
will they show up in a fecal sample?

Last edited:
I got some pictures of the feeding and worming today. My 4 year old took the pics and I think he did pretty well. First up is Rocky my cayuga whom I'm the most worried about. The 35mL of Kaytee Exact bird food mixed at 1 part food to 2 parts (plus a little more) water. Also mixed in is the wormer and extra air in the syringe to ensure all the mix is given and nothing is left in the line when done feeding.

Now it is time for Skye, my welsh harlequin. She is getting about 10mL of food plus the wormer. I used just water last time but I had extra food made and she has lost a little weight a well.

I have done two small tube feeding and it's already night and day with Rocky. She was going nuts of the peas I just gave out and was even eating dinner when I put it down. She is walking all over trying to quack and it's just a hose whisper but she is much more active and very interested in food.

Just wanted to say that it looks like I'll be needing to tube feed my goose and have been working with casportpony. But your tube feeding pictures have me feeling a whole lot better about the prospect of doing this for the first time. Thank you for posting them for near nervous wrecks like me
big_smile.png

Just wanted to say that it looks like I'll be needing to tube feed my goose and have been working with casportpony. But your tube feeding pictures have me feeling a whole lot better about the prospect of doing this for the first time. Thank you for posting them for near nervous wrecks like me :D .
glad they are helpful! @casportpony is the best and walked me though the whole process.

So I've heard it is pretty affordable to have done, but where do you go? Do I just call around? I would rather have them checked for worms rather than just worm everyone for no reason. @casportpony I know you've given me info on worming before. So I want to pick your brain on gape worms.
1f600.png
will they show up in a fecal sample?
Sometimes they'll show up, sometimes not. Do you have a small animal vet that you have a good relationship with?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom