Fecal testing

Good! At least she is feeling good enough for the stank eye. As far as the eggs, maybe @casportpony can answer for sure, but with humans, when their body fat gets below a certain point, females stop menstruating (common in athletes). Maybe ducks are the same so the eggs aren't an additional complication, but are normal under the circumstance. Just need to fatten her up and make sure there isn't still a reason for her to be losing weight.
fl.gif
That's what I am hoping. I would imagine egg production would be one of the first things to stop under stress and she is obviously under a lot of stress with the weight loss alone. I really hope it is worms since that would something I can fix. But I'm trying not to get ahead of myself. Thank you everyone for the support.

Good! At least she is feeling good enough for the stank eye. As far as the eggs, maybe @casportpony can answer for sure, but with humans, when their body fat gets below a certain point, females stop menstruating (common in athletes). Maybe ducks are the same so the eggs aren't an additional complication, but are normal under the circumstance. Just need to fatten her up and make sure there isn't still a reason for her to be losing weight.
fl.gif
You are correct... one of the methods I use to stop them laying eggs, like you would want to with an egg bound one, is to put them on a very strict diet.

I have done two small tube feeding and it's already night and day with Rocky. She was going nuts of the peas I just gave out and was even eating dinner when I put it down. She is walking all over trying to quack and it's just a hose whisper but she is much more active and very interested in food.

You should be proud of yourself!
Thank you so much for the support. I now have another problem. My hubby is thinking that Skye has gape worms since she is panting and now has developed a cough. At this point I know something is wrong with my flock and want to act ASAP. Should I also give a dose of the safe guard I have today and adjust for weight? If I do that can I also buy the goat safe guard and pick up with it when it arrives to make 5 full days. If I act quickly I can get it here on Sat with Amazon prime shipping. I just need to know if I should pull the trigger or go with something else.

She now seems to be going the way of Rocky and not leaving the water bowl.

Thank you so much for the support. I now have another problem. My hubby is thinking that Skye has gape worms since she is panting and now has developed a cough. At this point I know something is wrong with my flock and want to act ASAP. Should I also give a dose of the safe guard I have today and adjust for weight? If I do that can I also buy the goat safe guard and pick up with it when it arrives to make 5 full days. If I act quickly I can get it here on Sat with Amazon prime shipping. I just need to know if I should pull the trigger or go with something else.

She now seems to be going the way of Rocky and not leaving the water bowl.
There is no downside to worming, so I would definitely go ahead and worm all of them, or at least just the two. Bigger duck will need more wormer, so let me know if you need help figuring out the dose.

Back
Top Bottom