Fermenting Feed for Meat Birds

Don't wish for double yolkers...they are kinda cool and fun to get, but a sign of abnormal ovulation and doesn't bode well for the hen's body or her laying longevity. There is a reason most eggs are of a uniform shape and size and that is because the oviduct is only so big and only so elastic. Large eggs traveling down it over and over can cause prolapse and eventually some major problems with laying...painful laying, egg bound, prolapse of the oviduct out of the vent, etc.
sad.png
Aww Bee! She doesn't lay double-yolks all the time. Just here and there. She looks healthy and is the top hen in the flock. I will keep an eye on her though.

Almost 20 years in the military one might think I had a pretty good handle on acronyms. This one (BOSS) was kicking my rear. Thank you Bee.
Mr. DaveMorey THANK YOU SIR FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY!!

Lisa :)

Almost 20 years in the military one might think I had a pretty good handle on acronyms. This one (BOSS) was kicking my rear. Thank you Bee.

Yes Dave, thank you VERY MUCH! And don't worry, I don't know what people are talking about half the time when they give an acronym for their breed of chicken and the rest I had to learn. I don't know if there is one already but we need a "glossery page" that gives the meaning of all of the acronyms. I sure could use it!

Yes Dave, thank you VERY MUCH! And don't worry, I don't know what people are talking about half the time when they give an acronym for their breed of chicken and the rest I had to learn. I don't know if there is one already but we need a "glossery page" that gives the meaning of all of the acronyms. I sure could use it!
X2 - For the Thank You for your service to the acronyms. After reading this site for 3 years I still don't know what people mean with some of the breed acronyms. I think some of them make them up as they go. :D

:(   Aww Bee!  She doesn't lay double-yolks all the time.  Just here and there.  She looks healthy and is the top hen in the flock.  I will keep an eye on her though.

There is a store bought brand of jumbo eggs that I use to get a lot that had several of double yolkers in a dozen,. Sometimes the majority of the eggs would be. I guess I better quit wishing for big double yolkers and be satisfied with large eggs. Whoda thunkit? :)

Don't you just want to stop and have a talk with those people buying that egg white mess in a little carton?

X2 - For the Thank You for your service to the acronyms. After reading this site for 3 years I still don't know what people mean with some of the breed acronyms. I think some of them make them up as they go. :D

I don't doubt that at all. lol About as fancy as my chickens will probably get are the Speckled Sussex and I think they may be a couple of slackers. lol

I love Australorps!  I have 3 of the black beauties!

I have wondered if the vultures and hawks think my Australorps are a bunch of big crows? LOL I don't know about anybody else but my Australorps are the boss of the henhouse! I've never seen them bother each other but they sometimes give the other breeds a hard time. They are so quiet most of the time but they will remind the others who's boss. My rooster is also an Australorp and he always seems to take sides with them. I have accused them of racism! lol

[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

A few pics of my RIR's and BR's... The photo's do not do justice to their colourful, soft feathering and their size at 3.5 months old. They have been on FF for about 2 months and are looking great.

I'm so glad I found Bee as she directed me to this thread a few months ago and it has made a world of difference. I'll never not feed FF to this flock or any future flock; it's absolutely the best thing for the chickens. Thank you, Bee for everything ! :D

P.S. the last photo is of my dog, Milo... He loves watching the chickens from the back patio door. He scratches at he window and cries because he thinks he should be outside "playing" with them lol

Back
Top Bottom