First clutch, Quail eggs, Inc day 5?

Did an eggtopsy today on the eggs that didnt look so good 3 were fertile but looked to have died within the first few days, 2 were completely scrambled probably due to posting,3 were infertile and one formed eyes and little limbs but must have quit around the week mark as it didn't develop any vuable veins when candled poor lil chicky, so it's just my 3 lovely viable eggs left in the incubator now fingers crossed for them <3

Thankyou duckchick congrats on your pippers lol and tbh I don't feel to downhearted as it's my first hatch so would have bin alot more work involved if they all did indeed hatch, just means more care and attention for the remaining 3 :)

Last edited:
Day 15 no egg rolling, no peeping or pipping steady temp at 37.8 and added extra water for humidity I candled again and one is very dark inside the other 2 seem to stillhave a red colour can still see movements in all 3 ;) cannot contain my excitement only a few more days hopefully!

Thankyou duckchick you have been such a good help to me! Just letting you no I appreciate you following my thread and helping me with all sorts of advice! haha! And congratulations on your 23 hatchers! Bet they are too cute!!

Last edited:
Aww haha they are so cute! And wow 24 and probably more coming your going to be very busy haha! And thankyou I really hope they hatch too it's such an amazing experience all of this even just the waiting game it teaches patience haha even though I haven't any haha! I have loved every minute tho candling has got to be my number one atm! Hatching and raising will definitely replace that one tho!
1f61d.png

Back
Top Bottom