First clutch, Quail eggs, Inc day 5?

Day 17 still nothing :( hope these eggs get moving soon id feel horrible if they don't, knowing they were definitely alive and moving inside!

Day 17 still nothing
sad.png
hope these eggs get moving soon id feel horrible if they don't, knowing they were definitely alive and moving inside!

Well, my first set didn't hatch till day 18, so don't give up hope yet!
fl.gif

This last set started early on day 16. I didn't do anything differently, except the bator was more heavily loaded this time.

Had 26 hatch, lost one that was splay leg and somehow got flipped over and I didn't see it and I think it was too close to the warmest area, and it died. But I'm pretty pleased with 84% hatch.

Look how stinkin cute:

Aww congrats hun they are so cute and yeah I'm gunna leave them be till day 20 and if still nothing I'm gunna candle for movement and possibly do an assisted hatch by popping a tiny hole in the bottom where there air cell is if they are still moving inside! Fingers and toes tightly crossed for my 3 bubs!

Aww congrats hun they are so cute and yeah I'm gunna leave them be till day 20 and if still nothing I'm gunna candle for movement and possibly do an assisted hatch by popping a tiny hole in the bottom where there air cell is if they are still moving inside! Fingers and toes tightly crossed for my 3 bubs!

I assisted one on my last set. It pushed right out in my hand, once I got into the air cell. Best of luck to you and yes, fingers and toes are crossed for you!
See him squawking? As soon as I took this pic, he pushed out on his own.

Wow bless his lil feathers haha he looks so cute! Do you agree with day 20 or Should I leave them longer I'm just scared they won't make it especially as they are the only 3 to get this far! I just dnt want to go in to early! Any advice for me hun? X

Now I'm thinking later in the day of 19 as I just read somebody waiting till day 20 and opening eggs up and they where fully ready to hatch but where already dead :( I'm such a worrier and this waiting isn't any good for it haha

Haha your probably right silkie! I'm am really inpatient too so that probably getting to me aswell haha, I'm looking at housing for them I'm just wondering if a 3ft by 1 ft would be Ok for 3 adult quail? If all do make it as I will be keeping all that hatch lol x

Haha your probably right silkie! I'm am really inpatient too so that probably getting to me aswell haha, I'm looking at housing for them I'm just wondering if a 3ft by 1 ft would be Ok for 3 adult quail? If all do make it as I will be keeping all that hatch lol x

What kind of quail are they? I think 3ft by 2ft would be a little bit better just because extra space is always nice but it should be okay. Do you plan on buying housing or making your own?

Thankyou! And I'm not sure it was a mixed box of eggs but it said between Japanese, English white and Italians, and I was going to buy tbh haha I'm not the greatest with creativity haha x

Back
Top Bottom