First Duck Hatch - Please help me 'sit on my hands'

Will I hurt my others my helping Egg 3 Lacrystol? Thanks for the advice re misting etc. :)

Last edited:
I appreciate your reply! Would I keep the water away from Egg 1 - who is unzipping right now? Or that's ok if some accidentally goes in it?

Egg 1 is making big progress now. Beak is really visible now. Shall I wait until it's finished doing it's thing to rescue Egg 3?

You can see that Egg 3 is still breathing when you shine a light on the egg.

Thank you :) . Not at all worried about Egg 1 (the one with the beak) - he/she is doing their thing really well! It's membrane is yellowing too - but not having any troubles with it.

Egg 3 has made a couple of attempts to wriggle/turn/move more membrane but can't at this stage. Still breathing.

I managed to candle Egg 5 (other back-to-front one) without opening the incubator and it's also still breathing.

I'll let Egg 1 do it's thing before attempting to rescue Egg 3. :)

5 concerns me more than 3. Looks like it pipped toward the floor? I see the chip that fell off, but do I see a little bump (where the chip may have been) on the underside?

Also, maybe its just perspective from the pics, but is the inner area higher than the outer area? I mean, does the floor of the bator slope downward from the center out?

Yep - I thought I'd already lost Egg 5 - but you can still see it moving in the egg. It's the most awkward pip I've ever seen!! It has a large air sac on the other side - looks like a perfect one after candling.

The photos are awkward sorry. Bator slopes from inner to outer (outer being higher).

When I am able to get into the bator - should I turn Egg 5 around or even help it?

Thanks for your help! :)

On closer inspection - Egg 5 has lost another bit of egg and although I can't see properly, I too can see the bump - quite big, not sure if it's broken through though.

Thanks. I'll do that. Egg 1 is doing really well. Nearly there!

How long should I leave Egg 1 after it's hatched, before opening the incubator to assist Egg 3?

Thanks for all your help. :)

Back
Top Bottom