First Egg Countdown

my beautiful Winnie gave me my first egg today! Yay!

my beautiful Winnie gave me my first egg today! Yay!
woot.gif

I know how you feel. Six days ago, one of my six Easter Egger's gave me my first egg. It was green.
wee.gif

PS: Like yours, the egg my girl gave me had white on it too. All of the ones since, have lost the white and are getting a tiny bit larger. Not by much, though. 41.8 grams (peewee) 51.7 (Medium). Still...
smile.png

I measured it against a lrg free range bought egg and it wasn't much smaller. It was amazing to see it laying there! Knew it would b soon as she has been doing some nice squatting for me :-D I have even been playing them the chicken egg song from you tube ......sad I know. Now its the Banty's turn :)

I measured it against a lrg free range bought egg and it wasn't much smaller. It was amazing to see it laying there! Knew it would b soon as she has been doing some nice squatting for me :-D I have even been playing them the chicken egg song from you tube ......sad I know. Now its the Banty's turn :)

Not sad about using you tube. Before mine laid, I thought of doing the same thing. (Like mind's...) Of the two possible layer's, (beet red combs etc.) I still thought they wouldn't lay until the days grew longer. Then one day I walked in and see a green egg laying in a corner on the coop floor. Called my Mom, pestered my Twins to death to look at each one, since the first. I got one today and I still can't believe it. I wonder how long it will be before the amazement will wear off and collecting eggs will become a chore.

Last edited:
Not sad about using you tube. Before mine laid, I thought of doing the same thing. (Like mind's...) Of the two possible layer's, (beet red combs etc.) I still thought they wouldn't lay until the days grew longer. Then one day I walked in and see a green egg laying in a corner on the coop floor. Called my Mom, pestered my Twins to death to look at each one, since the first. I got one today and I still can't believe it. I wonder how long it will be before the amazement will wear off and collecting eggs will become a chore.
My first egg came exactly a month ago. I am still totally thrilled to see an egg sitting in the nest box.
wee.gif

My first egg came exactly a month ago. I am still totally thrilled to see an egg sitting in the nest box.
wee.gif

Knowing me, I think it will be the same for me too. What's more, I still have five EE's, who have never laid yet! I'm dying to know what colors they will lay. Even if they just lay a brown egg, I know I'll still be happy.
smile.png

I've been getting eggs since September and still get happy when I get one. They've really slowed down since winter so it's still a surprise when they lay.

I spoke to someone last night who has had chickens for years and she says it's still a thrill seeing them! I too was thinking that I may not get an egg this year as the nights are drawing in......so what a lovely Christmas pressie! So nice to b able to share in all your joy :-D

Back
Top Bottom