First Egg Of The Season - - Anyone Else Get One?

I found 2 more nest today and Cammie is sitting tight, i learned that peas are comunal layers as i found Peaches laying next to cammie, i got to see if there ain't more eggs under Cammie cause she has not left the nest in 2 days and i think the other hen may have been laying with her all this week which means more eggs , will see tomorrow.
I have gotten 7 pea eggs
wee.gif
in 3 days, the hunt is on.
Cammie finely left the nest this morning, i got 2 more pea eggs I think they are peaches but one of these is speckled so Cherry may be laying there as well cause i got 4 new eggs sence the 21st, anyhow i took them traded out them for chicken eggs again and set those under the broody group, that makes 9 now to find out where Miss Dirty & Apple are laying feels like easter
big_smile.png

So far I have 2 hens that started laying, a pied and a purple BS. The pied laid 2 eggs so far and the BS laid 3. All 5 are in the incubator and there is life in 4 eggs so far, 1 BS egg is only been in there for 2 days so to early to tell. This year I am going to hatch some and sell eggs too. This way if people want to buy the chicks they can and those who want eggs can do that too
big_smile.png
The weather here has gotten colder so the 2 stopped laying but it will be pushing 70 the rest of the week.

Last edited:
So far I have 2 hens that started laying, a pied and a purple BS. The pied laid 2 eggs so far and the BS laid 3. All 5 are in the incubator and there is life in 4 eggs so far, 1 BS egg is only been in there for 2 days so to early to tell. This year I am going to hatch some and sell eggs too. This way if people want to buy the chicks they can and those who want eggs can do that too :D  The weather here has gotten colder so the 2 stopped laying but it will be pushing 70 the rest of the week.

Congrats !!!!!!!

So far I have NOTHING !!!!!!!! :hit

My girls that are laying will be 2 in august.
I got another egg, caught a hen laying in the guineas nest, that makes 10 under the broodie hen group, Cammie came off the nest and did not go back so i am glad i pulled her eggs when i did.
Now the wait begins to see what developes.

2 more eggs that makes 12 ,found them in another guinea nest, got to check the guinea nest in the garden as i have a hen that hangs out there, bet she is laying in their nest.

Found 2 more eggs one in a guinea nest one on my cyclone rake, they are just laying all over the place cause i caught one hen Layin in 2 different places, but at least they are making it easy on me this year.
That makes 14 in 8 days
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Mine are not doing anything yet. Alsot of displaying and chasing each other around though. Don't remember when my first egg was last year. The most of them are 4 this year.

Back
Top Bottom