First Egg!!!

Pretty egg! I'd frame it! I'm still waiting... Hundreds of $$ invested! Like lots of hundreds! My best joy is that yucky store bought genetically engineered eggs are now $5-$6. per/dz in Ca. City folks are "flocking" to the local farmers markets for fresh tasty eggs. My friends who once thought I got a touch eccentric are waiting for my girls to lay. Life is good.

I wont buy store eggs either, I buy mine from local farmers. Now I have my own! I plan to trade with friends, one friend wants to trade 2 deer, an another wants to trade fruit an berries!! So we are are waiting for more eggs!! Today was a great day!!

Add another excited new egg farmer to the list!! Got our first one today and it's such a neat feeling to be raising animals to provide healthy eggs for my family.

Congratulations!!! Big egg! Egg envy here. Yes, being able to provide healthy eggs, knowing what they were fed (or weren't fed). For me, knowing the chickens weren't mistreated to provide my eggs is important. Just me. I'm waiting! Oldest hens are 5 mos! Buffs and EE's C'mon! Where are my eggs?????

Pretty good size egg for the first one. It's on a saucer, not a full size plate. I hope yours start laying soon. Seems a long time to wait. Patience pays off. :)

I wont buy store eggs either, I buy mine from local farmers. Now I have my own! I plan to trade with friends, one friend wants to trade 2 deer, an another wants to trade fruit an berries!! So we are are waiting for more eggs!! Today was a great day!!

My brother started raising bees this year and we're planning to trade eggs for honey. Yum, fresh honey :)

Back
Top Bottom