First foray into ducks

I've been watching for a runner like stance on any of them, but they don't stand upright at all. Perusing the breeds a Saxony looks like it, but then I read they are rare and I highly doubt they just happened to be in an assortment at a farm supply store.
Can you call the store and see where they get their birds from? At least then you could check that hatcheries website an it would give you a idea of what they sell and what it could be. There are a couple hatcheries that do sell them so it could be possible depending on where the birds came from.

So cute....I love your jerks...
smile.png
Thank you!! They are amazing! The little Cayuga LOVES to pick on my heeler pup and the 3 Pekin ducks love to chase my baby chicks, but they do not hurt my chicks or else I would probably eat them HAHA

I've been watching for a runner like stance on any of them, but they don't stand upright at all. Perusing the breeds a Saxony looks like it, but then I read they are rare and I highly doubt they just happened to be in an assortment at a farm supply store.

I can tell you that Pekins start off as that stereotypical yellow duckling that you see everywhere! My two ducklings that were brown with yellow were a Fawn and White Runner, and a Snowy Mallard. TSC has had mix-ups with Runners before, I assume it's that. My Fawn and White and Black Runners don't stand upright, and they're at nine or ten weeks. I assume they're weird, sometimes!

Back
Top Bottom